CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Carol's Corner
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Carol's Corner Just a place to park this year's breeding plans and progress, come take a look and see what I have cooking!

Cross your fingers for Orange Candy Cane Mots!

Old 04-03-2005, 03:35 PM   #1
carol
Cross your fingers for Orange Candy Cane Mots!

I bred this little Amel Banded Motley (who happens to sport lovely Candy Cane colors) to two Orange Candy Canes het Motley. These two females are full sisters and both layed eggs on the same day. One layed 11 good eggs and 2 slugs and the other layed 14 slugs and 1 good. Same male, same number of breedings. I guess we will have to wait another week until his third girlfriend lays eggs to see who the culprit was.
Also is a pic of the female that layed the 11 good eggs.
Cross your fingers we get some nice Orange Candy Cane Motleys!

Old 04-03-2005, 04:45 PM   #2
princess
Consider them crossed!

And my toes too!!!! That 2nd one is lovely. Are they a related pair? Nice snakes...again!

Old 04-04-2005, 08:37 AM   #3
JTGoff69
Wow Carol, those are gorgeous, you are the queen of Candy canes! Fingers are crossed.

Old 04-04-2005, 09:41 AM   #4
Traci1
Carol, those babies should be amazing!!!

Old 04-04-2005, 12:28 PM   #5
carol
Thanks! And yes princess, the pair is unrelated. I am excited about this clutch, I attempted to make the same breeding last year, but the male was terrified of the girls and just ran away! I'm glad he came around!

Old 04-04-2005, 12:35 PM   #6
princess
Tell me about it!!! I put my virgin snow-boy in with a rather intimidating anery-hussy and she had him cowering in the corner for the best part of 5 weeks! Once I swapped him out for my anery boy...he told what the deal was and there was no further arguement!

Old 04-04-2005, 06:47 PM   #7
Simon
Oh!!
I will cross every single finger for this project!
I have been trying to look for a real nice looking candy cane motely forever now~
Best best best of luck with this project and hopefully you'll get some nice looking candy cane motleys!!

Old 06-01-2005, 11:27 AM   #8
carol
First one out! Interesting, it has a clear belly!

Old 06-01-2005, 03:47 PM   #9
Joni Garcia
What a beautiful little one... I can't wait to see more pictures!

Old 06-02-2005, 03:15 AM   #10
magick-bears
Wow Carol, very nice indeed. Now we are on your Candy Cane wait list right? What else do you have hatching out?

Sounds like we got luck when we bred our little (30" 84gr) Amel with our big Okeetee. I thought that she would intimidate him for sure. Instead they were locked up in less then 5 minuets. I was just afraid to leave them together so they only got to breed once and then once again 2 days latter.

~Jeff C.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google