CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

What are these please.

Old 11-12-2016, 10:38 AM   #11
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKfly View Post
First one definitely looks like a butter
Second one looks more like a charcoal?
Sorry, but no. The first one is DEFINITELY not a butter corn.

Old 11-12-2016, 11:12 AM   #12
BLKfly
I know this is not an adult but you can see the similarly. I have never seen just a regular amel look like that. What attributes do you look for to insure there is in fact a caramel morph present?

Old 11-12-2016, 03:42 PM   #13
Dragonling
Young butters do have a slight orange tinge to the saddles, but this is clearly an adult amel. A butter at this size would be quite yellow by comparison.

Old 11-12-2016, 03:45 PM   #14
Dragonling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashby Reptiles View Post
I bought her from a reptile shop, she was sold as an amel.
She is just a lovely snakes, just wondering what to pair with her when the time comes. I think she would make lovely snows.
If you pair her to an amel of any variety I may be interested in a hatchling or two. I already plan to import one other snake if possible next year from the UK so why not two, right? If you ever decide to part with her, please keep me in mind.

Old 11-13-2016, 12:05 AM   #15
CornsAustria
definitley no butter - maybe you watch the pic on the phone ? the colour change so much between phone and pc.... try a look on the pc, there is definitley no butter in this snake
Amel varies so much from red borders to orange borders, but an adult butter never has that orange - butter should be yellow
take a look on
http://iansvivarium.com/morphs/?m=amelanistic
there are so much differences !!

Old 11-14-2016, 11:20 PM   #16
MysticExotics
Possibly a Creamcicle on the first one?

Old 11-16-2016, 12:38 AM   #17
nancyg
What about an amel from parents with Buf? That muted background in Buf might look like that when you take out the black pigment.. Plus some of them seem to have that 'colored' border, which is probably normally mixed in with the black pigment,

The faded sides on that second one definitly say Diffused Gene, And I would guess Anery, but I have not seen many Charcoals, and don't know how to tell them apart.

Nice looking scale-kids.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google