CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > All "Others" Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

All "Others" Photo Gallery It was suggested to me that a photo gallery for the other critters and interests might be useful to the membership. So here you go, Walt. :)

Baby Hoggie

Old 01-24-2017, 12:50 AM   #1
TotalDbag
Baby Hoggie

Haven't updated you guys on here about my new hoggie. He's a very huffy puffy hognose that likes to be a complete PITA. But he's my adorable baby.

Old 01-24-2017, 12:59 AM   #2
TotalDbag
Forgot to mention, he's also completely terrible at eating. He'll miss the mice and start chewing on the feeding tongs like a moron. Pretty sure he's not the sharpest tool in the snake shed.

Old 01-24-2017, 06:29 AM   #3
Eavlynn
Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalDbag View Post
Forgot to mention, he's also completely terrible at eating. He'll miss the mice and start chewing on the feeding tongs like a moron. Pretty sure he's not the sharpest tool in the snake shed.
At least he's trying to eat! Hoggies are notorious for being difficult to get feeding. You got lucky and he's so darned cute!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Old 01-24-2017, 02:03 PM   #4
TotalDbag
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eavlynn View Post
At least he's trying to eat! Hoggies are notorious for being difficult to get feeding. You got lucky and he's so darned cute!

Oh, he was difficult to get feeding. 4 months of live before he finally decided to accept F/T. No amount of scenting, braining, or any other method of tricking him worked.

Old 01-24-2017, 04:34 PM   #5
Eavlynn
Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalDbag View Post
Oh, he was difficult to get feeding. 4 months of live before he finally decided to accept F/T. No amount of scenting, braining, or any other method of tricking him worked.
My gal demanded live as well. It took a few months to get her on f/t. I'm helping a good friend out with her nonfeeding hoggie. We had to resort to two rounds of force feeding before she started eating on her own. Despite their feeding quirks, they are just too darned cute not to own!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google