• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Introducing some Graboids ... I mean Sand Boas.

Tavia

Elemental Exotics
Picked up this pair today. They don't have names yet.

First up is the female Anery. She is supposed to be het amel.

DSC_0872_zpsjtpjufwc.jpg

DSC_0873_zps6xkm2wuz.jpg

DSC_0874_zpsdpxs5kfb.jpg

DSC_0875_zpsyjtgykym.jpg

DSC_0876_zps0gve3owt.jpg

DSC_0877_zpswmz6pmjz.jpg

DSC_0879_zpstkf4wplv.jpg

DSC_0880_zpsoaauksmm.jpg

DSC_0882_zpswz3i8k9g.jpg

DSC_0883_zpsttfdfxye.jpg

And this is the male, an Albino that is supposed to be het Anery. So hopefully next year they will give us a great mix of babies!

DSC_0884_zps96neo89l.jpg

DSC_0885_zpsb9wzoyo6.jpg

DSC_0886_zpsxa3n6ad3.jpg

DSC_0887_zpsjlc4elb5.jpg

DSC_0888_zpsky9ftowo.jpg

DSC_0889_zpsqfxnp1jj.jpg

DSC_0890_zpstlbxq4ro.jpg

DSC_0891_zpsxdiagiza.jpg

DSC_0892_zpsix9nz2y5.jpg

DSC_0893_zpsvbxvhvp2.jpg

DSC_0894_zpsml4tuv85.jpg

DSC_0895_zpsdtxgmxcp.jpg

Great looking sand boas ! Graboid is probably more accurate haha.....
They're fun little snakes for sure. Having the ability to wag their tail to attract prey then pop out of the substrate bending completely backwards to grab the animal is quite a talent. Unfortunately it is usually my finger LOL. My finger used to swell but now I am immune to the bacteria in their mouths. I remember back in the day (20-30 years ago) their was some discussion that they might possess a mild venom which was inaccurate for sure.

If you ever come across a rough scale male let me know please :)
(besides the one at Snakes at Sunset)

Back