CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Odd behavior

Old 02-20-2017, 08:53 PM   #1
Jasons8175
Odd behavior

Hi all. Im new here. My name is jason. I have a 3yr old corn (Toni) and he has been exhibiting odd behaviors lately.
He is Constantly attempting to escape (which he doesnt usally do), been extraordinarily active, and odd posturing as in stretching up to the screen top and lying in weird ways. Also he re cently went 5weeks with out eating. I assume hibernation. he ate last week. He took a f/t mouse yesterday but would not eat it.
Viv conditions are realitivaly normal for him. He is in a 40 gal breeder. Humidity about 70. Temp fluxuates between 60 and 75 (it is difficult to regulate well this time of year)

Any thoughts on this? Is this something i should be worried about?

Old 02-20-2017, 09:49 PM   #2
Dragonling
It's the breeding season. The boys especially are restless this time of year, trying to find a nice lady snake.

Old 02-20-2017, 11:54 PM   #3
Twolunger
I'm surprised he is eating at all with the temps you indicate. 60 is way too low and 75 is barely warm enough for digestion. You need to invest in one of the under tank heaters. The humidity is higher than necessary except at shedding time. He may be exhibiting typical breeding behavior, or seeking conditions more suitable to a corn. Scroll down to Nanci's blog and search for the sticky on Corn snake care. Great info.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google