CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Meet "Rufus"

Old 08-02-2015, 09:22 AM   #1
Karl_Mcknight
Meet "Rufus"

This is Rufus. He is an Amel Corn Snake that I got about a month ago. I'm not sure of his age but I am guessing about 9 to 12 months. He's about 26 inches long, and eats a hopper every Sunday morning.

Old 08-02-2015, 09:38 AM   #2
albertagirl
Welcome to the obsession! Oops, I mean welcome to the forum. I am particularly fond of the name Rufus, it brings back memories of a lovely pooch I once worked with. LoL. Very pretty striped corn. But... I'm pretty sure that's not an amel? Either way, he's beautiful. I <3 stripes.

Old 08-02-2015, 10:03 AM   #3
Karl_Mcknight
I was told by the folks I bought him from that he is an Amelanistic Red Striped Corn Snake.

Old 08-02-2015, 01:14 PM   #4
ltsweety2
Def very pretty ... Welcome

Keya

Old 08-02-2015, 02:10 PM   #5
Shiari
He's gorgeous, but he's not an amel. Amels have red pupils because they lack black pigment.

Here is a picture of my amel stripe. See the difference in the eyes?

Old 08-02-2015, 03:05 PM   #6
jagodzinski
Welcome to the forum! Your snake is very pretty, but having an amel myself, I agree that he is definitely not albino. If you are curious to figure out what morph he is - you could compare some picture to Ian's Vivarium (a website) by restricting a search to only striped cornsnakes or ask some of the more senior members here.

Good luck with snakey! Sounds like he is healthy and happy.

Old 08-02-2015, 04:21 PM   #7
Karl_Mcknight
Thanks for all the remarks and input. Obviously, the people that sold him to me got their facts wrong, and I didn't know the difference. I was told he was an Amel Red Stripe.

But after reading the posts from you guys, I decided to research it a bit more myself. I found some pictures online of a snake that looks exactly like him, and they call it a "Hypomelanistic Stripe. I believe that is what he must be.

http://www.bigappleherp.com/core/med...a339d22d1cd725

Thanks

Old 08-02-2015, 04:30 PM   #8
Shiari
Because he's a really nice dark color, and what little black he has on his face is a proper black, I believe he is a normal stripe not a hypo stripe.

Old 08-04-2015, 12:39 AM   #9
Ravenessa
I have a red normal stripe too that I thought was hypo.. but she is just a very pretty normal stripe.. lol so welcome to the normal stripe club <3
Yours is beautiful!! <3

Red says Rufus is sexxy!

Old 08-07-2015, 08:05 PM   #10
Karl_Mcknight
Here are a few more photos of Rufus. He is a real sweetie and very friendly, he loves to get involved with just about everything I do. He will actually meet me at the cage opening and crawl out into my hands when I open the door.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google