CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > All "Others" Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

All "Others" Photo Gallery It was suggested to me that a photo gallery for the other critters and interests might be useful to the membership. So here you go, Walt. :)

Got in one of "those" packages yesterday!

Old 06-06-2016, 02:21 PM   #11
Tavia
And their new house, replacing their tall deli cup.

Old 06-07-2016, 07:27 PM   #12
Tavia
That's cool, was out to pick up some food for these guys and when I got back, the very green one was just finishing up a successful molt to L5. Finally starting to really look like a praying mantis!

I'll have to try and get pictures tomorrow, once they've all reduced the cricket population now in the tank some. Got one of the new employees at the store to get me my crickets (I hate crickets! One large downside to mantids) and that's usually the best way to get them. They aren't experienced at catching the right number asked for and it's better to be over than under, so they tend to give you more. I paid for 12 and got about 20-25 this time.

Old 06-07-2016, 08:40 PM   #13
Glenaerie
They are so cool and such teeny little mantids! Will they stay small as adults?

Old 06-07-2016, 08:57 PM   #14
Tavia
They get fairly big but they have a long sub adult stage between L6 and L7, where they'll be on the smaller side for a mantis for quite awhile.

This picture is actually of the two adult females who produced my current babies. Kind of shows their adult size. Picture taken by Table Rock Reptiles.

Old 06-16-2016, 08:48 PM   #15
Tavia
Took some more pictures over the last few days.

Old 06-17-2016, 05:03 PM   #16
DollysMom
Oh wow. They are amazing!

Old 10-04-2016, 05:21 PM   #17
Tavia
One of the remaining 4 mantids molted into an adult a few days ago, so I took some pictures of all of them. Got 3 greens and a light brown one, I believe 3 females and 1 male, though I'm not sure about that.

Old 10-04-2016, 05:33 PM   #19
daddio207
SO COOL !

We bought a praying mantis at a show last year but it only lived about a month. It ate and was doubling it's size every week. We went to feed it and it was dead.

Old 10-04-2016, 05:44 PM   #20
DollysMom
They look so much like crumpled leaves it's hard to see their parts. They are amazing!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google