CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Cloudy eye

Old 02-02-2017, 05:50 PM   #21
DollysMom
Probably 1 to 2 years old but no way to know for sure.

Old 02-02-2017, 05:59 PM   #22
Nanci
I guessed older, because he is thin, and just doesn't have that "baby" look to him. I guessed 3-4. A rough 3-4, not a cushy one mouse a week without fail 3-4.

Old 02-02-2017, 06:01 PM   #23
Nanci
I think I'd drop off a fecal at the vet and check him for parasites. Who knows what he's been eating. If he has parasites, that would make it harder to put weight on him. Even though I feed FT, virtually every snake I've checked for worms has had them...

Old 02-02-2017, 07:10 PM   #24
esreivko
I was abt to ask how long till I can look for a BM. I work on a colo-rectal/urology floor so I'm a lil obsessive abt that by nature lol. As much as I need to not spend any more money than I have this week I intend to get a stool sample for that exact reason. I'd rather be broke with a healthy snake than broken hearted with a deceased snake. God forbid

Old 02-03-2017, 05:21 AM   #25
Nanci
With his small meals, you might need to wait till he's on appropriate-sized mice to get a decent poop. But usually they poop about 3-5 days after the meal, maybe a little longer for adults.

(Interesting job- I'm the fluoro coordinator at a hospital- so some diagnostics for adults and peds, and a lot of rule out leak/check unknown surgical anatomy from outside hospitals, etc. Actually, a lot of r/o hirschsprung's, r/o malrotation, eval for VUR, and a billion rehab barium swallows/modified barium swallows. We just had a really cool bladder study, in which the bladder had ruptured in utero- nothing in the literature about that, ever. And just did a BE on an 800 gram patient! I love my job.)

Old 02-03-2017, 10:29 AM   #26
Twolunger
I'm so glad that you saved JuJu from certain death. But what's going on with the veterinarians today? Won't see a snake because they don't specialize in reptiles? What are they being taught now, only how to accept dogs and cats as patients? Vets have books and online references available to them and could have easily diagnosed the problem, or at least ruled out some of the causes. I realize dogs and cats are the majority of their business, but to turn away a snake without even attempting to help is a sad commentary.

Old 02-04-2017, 01:35 PM   #27
esreivko
Yea I couldn't believe how many vets I had to wade through to find one that would see Juju.

Eye update, still making me nervous :/

Old 02-04-2017, 02:23 PM   #28
DollysMom
I know that these are just pictures and from different angles, but the eye looks just a bit better. The fact that the outer skin, which is the spectacle, looks wrinkled, indicates to me that the swelling has gone down a bit, as does the overall appearance. In any case you are doing everything you can so lets hope the eye can be saved. Underneath the spectacle and cornea the eye looks pretty good to me and that is hopeful too.

If the worse does come to pass, I assure you Juju will be fine with one eye. In fact snakes do fine with no eyes. But I do see signs that lead me to be hopeful. Please keep us updated!

Old 02-05-2017, 09:31 PM   #29
esreivko
I'm freaking the f out. I got home from work and it looks like it's gonna pop. I wanna throw up

Old 02-06-2017, 01:21 AM   #30
esreivko
1am. Just got home. Juju having emergency enucleation. Should be ready to come home in the morning. Thanks to everyone for checking in and providing input. Will post in a few hrs when I get up.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google