CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Halloween corns

Old 10-16-2017, 05:08 AM   #1
Millertime87
Halloween corns

I was looking at pictures of corn snakes an was amazed by the Halloween okeetee corns, couldn't really find much info on them an I was wondering is that just selective breeding or do you breed specific pairs to create such morph?

Old 10-16-2017, 07:11 AM   #2
MikeSaw23
Selective breeding of such okeetee corns.

Old 10-16-2017, 12:03 PM   #3
Dragonling
The original Halloween corns were owned by Graham Criglow. Don't bother yourself looking him up to ask about it, though. It's a sore subject best left alone. The line is gone. The best hope of reviving it is to slowly work towards selectively breeding the best-bordered extreme Okeetees one can find.

Old 10-16-2017, 12:30 PM   #4
Millertime87
Well that makes perfect sense, explains why I couldn't find one for sale or many pictures for that matter. I'll leave the subject alone then if people are going to be upset about it. I guess I'll stick with my second favorite okeetee then an breed my buckskin. Thank you for the information and helping solve the mystery.

Old 10-16-2017, 04:48 PM   #5
Twolunger
Buckskins like those sold by South Mountain are awesome corns. If I didn't have so many projects already I would love to have a pair.

Old 10-16-2017, 05:12 PM   #6
Millertime87
That's where I got my buck skins from. Don was very good to me an I now have a pair that are het for amel. Just have to play the waiting game now an grow them out.

Old 10-16-2017, 07:31 PM   #7
Nanci
I have a son and daughter of the Halloween Okeetee. Just sayin'. The son, Raven, is my snake who tried to turn himself into a real life ouroboros.

Old 10-16-2017, 08:32 PM   #8
Millertime87
Will you be breeding those two by any chance?��

Old 10-19-2017, 09:40 AM   #9
Dragonling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millertime87 View Post
I'll leave the subject alone then if people are going to be upset about it.
Oh, no I don't think it's a sore subject for anyone here, but I made the mistake of pestering Graham about them and was promptly shut down. I could have worded that better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
I have a son and daughter of the Halloween Okeetee. Just sayin'. The son, Raven, is my snake who tried to turn himself into a real life ouroboros.
I completely forgot you had those two. More things to add to my wishlist. Yay.

Old 10-19-2017, 12:32 PM   #10
Nanci
Maybe? I have an Okeetee Tessera, Gartersnake, from Don. I bred Gartersnake to Madras, an aberrant Abbott Okeetee. (The offspring were huge, amazing.) I kept back an aberrant Tessera male, Koolio. I plan to breed him to Starling, the Halloween daughter.

I have a Halloween son, Raven, because he was supposed to be a she and was mis-sexed. Starling was one of Graham's holdbacks, and the replacement.

I might breed the two together, but I am way more interested in breeding Koolio x Starling.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google