CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Mystic Exotics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Mystic Exotics Welcome! Mystic Exotics is a small, home-based business in the PNW. Here you will find photos of my animals, breeding projects, and occasional random fun stuff. Thank you for visiting!

Super (homo) Tessera testing opportunity!!

Old 03-21-2016, 11:37 PM   #1
MysticExotics
Super (homo) Tessera testing opportunity!!

Update: 7/31/16 **Several more babies added! Be sure to check through the whole thread for additional babies!!

**Reasonable offers will be considered.

Some of you may remember my Miami Tessera X Miami Tessera clutch that I did last year to test for the Super (homo) gene (about 25% of them should be Supers).
The thread on the clutch is HERE
I held back all 16 Miami Tessera's, with the intent of test breeding all of them to see which ones were Super Tessera's.

At this point, I want to see if someone is willing to help me with this. I can select one group, or 2-3 small groups of the Tessera's to be sold at a reduced price, with the agreement that the buyer keeps all of them long enough to test breed them. I primarily want the data, so if one or more of the babies end up proving to be Supers (homo Tessera's) then they are yours to do with as you please.

There have been some that we *think* might be Supers, and I will hold those back to test them, but there are no KNOWN markers as of yet for Super Tessera, so we really don't know which ones are Supers.

It is really tough, because with possible markers listed by someone who accidentally ended up with a probable Super Tessera, and in talking with a friend who has proven out the Super gene in other snake species, it is tough to figure out which ones could possibly be Supers.

I know I could be letting go of some Supers, but right now, I think I should let go of some of the babies, to be tested by someone else.

I now have 2 females, and 2 males that are available for someone to help me with testing the Super (homo) Tessera project.

I would prefer they go as a group, but I will split them up in either pairs, or possibly individually.

These are the babies that are currently available for this project:

Rhyolite F $180
Flint M $195

Amethyst F, Topaz F, and Kyanite M are going to someone who will be helping me with this project.

I need to get updated pics, but things have been pretty hectic lately, and I haven't had the time.

Please email me at MysticExotics@gmail(dot)com if you are interested in this project, and we can discuss further details.
I have had a couple people inquire, so please let me know if you are serious as soon as possible.

Thank you for looking!

Old 03-22-2016, 06:01 AM   #2
Dragonling
Pyrite is miiiiiiiiiiiiiine. :P Hah!

Old 03-22-2016, 08:39 PM   #3
Jynx
Hmmmm... Tempting.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Old 03-23-2016, 04:23 AM   #4
HerpsOfNM
email sent...

Old 03-23-2016, 02:52 PM   #5
MysticExotics
I have responded to those who have contacted me, and have updated the original post.

Old 03-30-2016, 08:47 AM   #6
MysticExotics
A group of babies are spoken for.
Please email me if you are interested in helping out with this project!

Thanks for looking!!

Old 05-05-2016, 04:52 PM   #7
MysticExotics
I have added updated photos of the four babies currently available.
Rhyolite, Pyrite, Flint and Obsidian.

Old 07-30-2016, 01:35 PM   #8
MysticExotics
I'm willing to work out a really good deal if someone wants all of them.

Here are some updated pics I snapped this morning.

Rhyolite
Flint
Quartz **SOLD**

Pyrite is in shed right now.

*I've fixed the pics to be a better size.

Old 08-01-2016, 12:53 AM   #9
MysticExotics
Here are some of my hold back Miami Tessera's that are possibly Super/Homo Tessera.
Some of these are most likely Super/Homo Tessera's, but I need to make some sacrifices.

These will be sold with the agreement of helping me with testing to see which ones are Super/Homo. No one has really tested to determine any possible markers for Super/Homo Tessera, and this clutch is intended to help with that.

Malachite M $250 He has an unbroken dorsal stripe. He has always been one of my favorites

Tanzanite M $225 I suspect he might be Super/Homo, but I have a couple I think that might be. I'm taking a chance at letting some of them go. **SOLD**

Azurite M $225 Another suspected Super/Homo.

Citrine F $200 I suspect she is Super/Homo, based on potential markers discussed in the Super Tessera thread. **SOLD**

Old 08-01-2016, 12:38 PM   #10
Dragonling
I wish so much that I had room...ugh, I just adore Pyrite, Jet, and Malachite. I bet they're going to be stunning adults.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google