CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Care of the Breeding Female

Old 04-26-2015, 08:34 AM   #11
keagan8davis
Can they breed sooner than 10-12 days after their pre lay shed

Old 03-25-2019, 10:33 AM   #12
Rawren
Hi Nanci
I have 3 corns (1 male and 2 females) **this is my first time trying to breed**

We did brumation and everyone came out healthy with minimal weight loss, etc. Had 2 feedings after warming up and then 1 female and my male shed so I immediately put them together. The male was all about it - twitchy and tail foreplay. The girl...every time he touched her, she whisked away real quick. Not aggressively. I watched this for the length of a movie and she finally calmed down and stopped pacing the cage (not in a looking for sex way). So I left them in there overnight and the next day. They ended up curling up together but I never saw a lock or any interest from the female.

So I put them back in their individual cages and then a couple days later my other girl shed so process repeats. Put her and the male together and she does the same thing but more calmly (the first female is a feisty b**** and the 2nd is a sweetheart).

So neither female is showing interest, that I can see. I've still been leaving them in with the male for a couple days since no one is in danger there. But I'm just unsure what to do here / what I'm doing wrong. Everyone says corns are easy to breed and my girls are just seemingly not having it. Is there anything to help them?

Thanks!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google