CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Whatcha think Rich?

Old 03-30-2002, 01:22 AM   #11
Gregg
Thumbs up Logo Contest

Wow, fellers! What a wonderful idea! I won't be in the competition, since I don't have any graphics software, but I am certainly in favor of such a contest. May the best designer win!
Y'all better get ta movin'.

And Rich,,, What a wonderful incentive prize! On behalf of the winner, I thank you for being generous. I also like the 'forum poll' idea, even though you will be having the last word.

Gregg

Old 03-30-2002, 04:12 AM   #12
Simon
Unhappy Ahh~~~~~

No......the prize is too tempting..... I want to try and get the prize.....but then Rich said that he wouldn't ship it to people outside of the US... so I guess there is no point for me to join....

but still I'll try and see if I have time to try and join the Logo Contest! Have Fun!

Old 03-30-2002, 10:10 AM   #13
Patty
For anyone in Canada - so long as the snakes appear healthy (which of course goes without saying from Serpenco) you can bring them across the border.
If you live close enough and have family/friends in the US, you could simply have the prize (or an order) shipped there and pick it up.

Patty

Old 03-30-2002, 12:13 PM   #14
Rich Z
Patty does make a good point. I have shipped to hotels on the south side of the border where the customer picked up the package there and then took it home across the border when he got it. Once you take possession of the animals inside the U.S.A., they are now your personal property.

And, if I might suggest, if ANYONE needs a good excuse to go to the Daytona Beach Expo in August, what better one could you come up with? People come from all of the world to that show. We have people whom bring their own interpreters so they can ask questions about our snakes they are buying. If there is one herp show in the world to go to, this is the one. If you have been to any herp show at all, multiply it by 100 and you'll get a close idea of what the Daytona Beach show is like. Wayne Hill is supposed to have over 600 tables at that show this year. I would have to be seriously ill before I would miss that one myself.

Old 03-30-2002, 11:51 PM   #15
PSYCOSNAKEMOM
WOW look what Ares started!

What a great idea. Don't know if I'm in on the building part , but will love to follow and vote. So Rich, would you hold all the final "products" graphics and display them after the dead line or put them up as they come in? This is too cool!! Sam~~~~:~

Old 03-31-2002, 01:09 AM   #16
Serpwidgets
My only problem with the Daytona show is that Florida is just about the single most expensive place to fly to in the continental US. I do need to see that, though... one of these years I'm going to end up flying to Atlanta and renting a car to drive the rest of the way... or something... anything.

Old 03-31-2002, 02:07 AM   #17
Simon
Yes I know that it is possible to ship to the US and then bring it over.....but the problem is.....I don't know anyone living in the US and I don't live near the borders either.........

But then as for the Daytona Beach. I might try and go to that one.....but then I am taking summer school for graudate studies.....so I don't know if I am able to make it. I was going to go with Kathy Loves last summer but then because there was no flight to Florida before that date.....so I couldn't make it.....

Old 03-31-2002, 02:59 AM   #18
Serpwidgets
Where in Canada?

I dunno too much about the specific geography of Canada, but my mom has a resort up by Ear Falls, and goes through Dryden on her way up there every spring. She's currently in town and--assuming customs wouldn't give her a hard time--I could probably convince her to bring it/them up that way if you could meet her somewhere along the way to pick them up. (She thinks they are little cuties just like I do, so it's not like I'd have to convince her to travel with an "icky" snake or anything...)

Old 03-31-2002, 09:57 AM   #19
lynn
Wow! what a brill idea and a fantastic prize, not that I could enter the comp anyhow I haven't got the software or any idea where to start and I'm too far away. Good luck everyone, look forward to seeing the entries.

Old 03-31-2002, 07:30 PM   #20
Simon
Hey Serpwidgets

are you sure about your mom helping me bring a snake to Canada?
If you are serious about this, I might start ordering some from Rich right now and ask him to send it to your house or something if it's possible!

I am in Ontario Canada right now. I can go to Toronto or something near that area to meet your mom if it's okay for you.

Thanks so much!!!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google