CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Whatcha think Rich?

Old 03-31-2002, 10:57 PM   #21
Rich Z
Let's set a max limit it to three entries per person. That should give everyone enough leeway to enter a small assortment but not flood us all out with too many choices.

If it warrants it, I may have a first cut where I select the best of the three and then have a finalist group from which to pick the winner.

Thanks!

Old 04-01-2002, 12:16 AM   #22
Susan
Can we basically-computer-illiterate people also enter your logo contest, say, with original artwork mailed to you? I don't know how to do very much on a computer, including how to put an attachment on a simple e-mail, and my computer is having alot of problems anyway, such as, I have no sound now and my scanner won't work.
However, I AM able to use much older methods of communication, such as paper and pencil, and have sold quite a few pieces of original artwork. I currently have a few pieces in a new gallery in St.Augustine, and they are asking for more.
I would love to try a logo for you, and would also REALLY love to have a chance to win a pair of lavs!

Old 04-01-2002, 06:13 AM   #23
CornsnakeKeeper
Any certain pictures those interested should try to use? I mean, most of us don't have the animals that you have strived to breed. And would you want a typical looking snake representing your website that sells top of the line animals? Just wondering. Maybe Im way off base.

Old 04-01-2002, 11:43 AM   #24
pewter
hmmm...I live here in germany, so I canīt win the price.
but if someone needīs basis material for its drafts he can use the picīs from my site...(but please just the picīs from the PHOTO sektion)...

Old 04-01-2002, 12:37 PM   #25
Rich Z
Exclamation Heck! I don't know!

This was just a shot from the hip, so I didn't bother to think much about rules and such. Just bear in mind that this is the beginning of my busy season and I am not going to have a whole lot of time guiding people in what to do with this contest (yeah, another hare brained idea I've come up with!).

But maybe some generalities might be in order.

This is a LOGO so it necessarily has to be small enough to not overpower and obscure the rest of the page it is on. I'm thinking a graphic image measuring 320x160 pixels should be sufficient to allow an artist to show enough detail to make it look nice, but yet won't take up too much of a page.

This needs to be a computer ready image. Sorry, but if I am sent artwork on paper, that means someone is going to have to scan it in to the computer, crop it to size, and place it up on this message board. This would be exceeding the time limits I can put into this sort of thing. If someone else wants to volunteer for this sort of thing, please speak up.

Maximum of three entries per person.

Deadline is July 1, 2002 for entries.

I think the best thing for me to do would be to set up a separate section just for the contest entries so none of them will get lost in the shuffle by being place in the wrong area. Let me think a bit about that to figure out what seems best to do. Since this message board allows uploads from your local system, this would probably be the best way to do it. Emails sent to me with attachments might just fall into my 'TO DO' list and may not get read until sometime next year.

The prize animals (1 pair of Lavender corns) must be shipped to an address within the continental U.S.A. or picked up at a show that we will be attending this season.

Did I leave anything out?

Old 04-01-2002, 03:02 PM   #26
nicky
Smile well i just want to wish you all good luck...

Hey everyone,
Well I find 1 snake,2 cats and a dog enough hassle so i just want to wish you all good luck. To whoever wins congradulations

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google