CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Hello again

Old 09-06-2016, 01:00 AM   #41
looknleap
I'm curious. What are your top 6 in terms of activity level during the day?

Old 09-06-2016, 01:04 AM   #42
looknleap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavia View Post
Hognose is a great choice! Can't wait to see what you end up with!

I've kept at various points in time (currently 19) 25 species of snakes and my hogs are in the top 6 for activity during the day.
I'm curious. What are your top 6 in terms of activity level?

Old 09-06-2016, 01:05 AM   #43
looknleap
Sorry double post

Old 09-06-2016, 01:20 AM   #44
Tavia
Green Tree Python, Amazon Tree Boa, Green Bush Ratsnake (Elaphe prasina) Western Hognose, Garter snakes, most all of the species, and Rosy boas.

The first 3 are the most visible but also more difficult, in terms of husbandry and handling. The last 3 are ranked in order of visibility and they are all much easier in husbandry and handling, generally.

Though I'd say that the Hognose, Green Bush rats and the Garters are the most active, as in actually moving around during the day, the others just tend to rest in the open.

Old 09-06-2016, 09:11 AM   #45
SyracuseSnake
If you haven't already made a decision Reptilelover, I must say that I am very fond of corn snakes. I have only had 2 snakes ever and they were both corn snakes, so not much experience there, but I have had many small pets (tarantula, cockroaches, turtle, guinea pigs, and a hamster at different times) and the snakes have been by far my favorite -- and now I am officially a "snake person" and will likely forever keep getting corns! So I guess all I have to say is, good choice with choosing a snake and let us know who you decide to get!

Old 09-06-2016, 12:02 PM   #46
reptilelover
Hello,
So I have made my decision to get a hognose. I currently have one on hold with a reputable breeder in Ohio. He is set to arrive on Sept 27th. So in the meantime I will be getting his enclosure ready. Looking forward to my new snake

Old 02-12-2019, 08:21 AM   #47
Chambers
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilelover View Post
Hello,
So I have made my decision to get a hognose. I currently have one on hold with a reputable breeder in Ohio. He is set to arrive on Sept 27th. So in the meantime I will be getting his enclosure ready. Looking forward to my new snake
Too bad you won't share the photos of your new snake.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google