CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

Smooth earth snake - North Florida

Old 02-05-2019, 06:51 PM   #1
Rich Z
Smooth earth snake - North Florida

Connie and I were out working in the yard today, and I was trying to get rid of a bunch of grape vine root balls that were trying like hell to take over. Yanked on one clump and I saw this little earthworm looking thingie scrambling for cover.

I believe it is a smooth earth snake. They seem to be pretty common around here, and matter of fact, I found another one in the same area about a half hour later. I was cutting a grape vine clump with a sawz-all and just darn lucky he didn't get chopped up. Found another one last year pretty close by, but he didn't fare very well with the hedge trimmer I was using to get down low into some tangled brush.

Old 02-06-2019, 08:26 AM   #2
Twolunger
Those are really cool. I never saw one down here, but keep watching. BTW, that camera is awesome.

Old 02-06-2019, 11:46 AM   #3
Rich Z
I don't think it likely that you will find one down there, but heck, you never know.

Source: https://srelherp.uga.edu/snakes/virval.htm

Old 03-04-2019, 10:49 PM   #4
Cflaguy
Nice find.

Old 04-25-2019, 09:57 AM   #5
ArnoTis
They are so pretty, also nice camera. How many mega pixels you have on your phone

Old 04-25-2019, 07:43 PM   #6
Rich Z
Those photos aren't from a phone. I was using my Nikon D850 camera for the shots.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google