CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > All "Others" Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

All "Others" Photo Gallery It was suggested to me that a photo gallery for the other critters and interests might be useful to the membership. So here you go, Walt. :)

My non-corn collection

Old 02-07-2019, 07:42 PM   #31
67temp
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticExotics View Post
Your Granite is looking awesome!
Are any of your IJ's from Nick?
Thank you, sadly I'm down to just the granite. She came from Jason Baylin and Owen mcyntire. I think they got their breeders from the same place Nick did which is Paul Harris over in the UK.

The axanthic passed in early December. Necropsy revealed that it was due to his kidneys. He came from Eric burke, who got his pair from Paul. Nick bought a clutch mate to him. I was recently looking at Nick's site since he just posted a bunch of ijs.

Old 02-07-2019, 10:56 PM   #32
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67temp View Post
Thank you, sadly I'm down to just the granite. She came from Jason Baylin and Owen mcyntire. I think they got their breeders from the same place Nick did which is Paul Harris over in the UK.

The axanthic passed in early December. Necropsy revealed that it was due to his kidneys. He came from Eric burke, who got his pair from Paul. Nick bought a clutch mate to him. I was recently looking at Nick's site since he just posted a bunch of ijs.
Oh no, I'm sorry to hear about your loss.
I had to sell all of my Morelia, with my pending move. I will be getting back into them after I move back to eastern WA, after I get settled, which will be super easy, since Nick lives over there. LOL

This was my Granite female. She's 25% WC outcross. I'm sure by the time I'm ready to add them back in, he'll have the OC % higher.
She was one of the last ones I sold. She went to a friend of mine who's had her on breeder loan to prove out a couple possible het Granite males, I offered to sell her to my friend for a really great price.

The last IJ I had went to Nick. He was my favorite out of all of my Morelia.

When he was 2yrs old, his coloring was amazing! He muddied up as he got older, but I still loved his coloring.

Old 02-08-2019, 07:20 AM   #33
67temp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonling View Post
A guaranteed super dwarf is the only kind of retic I would want to own lol. I always hear that the smaller ones are more feisty though. What are the temperaments of yours like?
Here are some short handling vids to show how his temperament is. Notice I'm not even using a hook.

https://youtu.be/1hGtI5ICAM0

https://youtu.be/twZlQgvHBDc

Old 02-08-2019, 07:40 AM   #34
67temp
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticExotics View Post
Oh no, I'm sorry to hear about your loss.
I had to sell all of my Morelia, with my pending move. I will be getting back into them after I move back to eastern WA, after I get settled, which will be super easy, since Nick lives over there. LOL

This was my Granite female. She's 25% WC outcross. I'm sure by the time I'm ready to add them back in, he'll have the OC % higher.
She was one of the last ones I sold. She went to a friend of mine who's had her on breeder loan to prove out a couple possible het Granite males, I offered to sell her to my friend for a really great price.

The last IJ I had went to Nick. He was my favorite out of all of my Morelia.

When he was 2yrs old, his coloring was amazing! He muddied up as he got older, but I still loved his coloring.
It's never easy loosing an animal. A little over a week ago I had to have one of my dogs put down that was 14yo. When are you planning to move? I recently just moved 1.5 hrs and that really made me wish I kept my collection in a rack instead of tanks.

I think nick currently has some het granites that are listed as 62% outcrossed. I'm trying to decided if I want to go for another axanthic ij or a pair of captive hatched ij's from an Indonesian farm (just to get new blood into the hobby).

Both of your carpets were pretty nice looking. Have you been to a carpet fest or thought about going?

Old 02-08-2019, 12:51 PM   #35
MysticExotics
Quote:
It's never easy loosing an animal. A little over a week ago I had to have one of my dogs put down that was 14yo. When are you planning to move? I recently just moved 1.5 hrs and that really made me wish I kept my collection in a rack instead of tanks.

I think nick currently has some het granites that are listed as 62% outcrossed. I'm trying to decided if I want to go for another axanthic ij or a pair of captive hatched ij's from an Indonesian farm (just to get new blood into the hobby).

Both of your carpets were pretty nice looking. Have you been to a carpet fest or thought about going?
I'm waiting on my house to be built, then I can sell my house here and move. I will be moving across the state.

I'm sorry to hear about your dog too.

I coordinated the first NW Carpet Fest here. I haven't been in a couple years, due to my schedule though.

I want to get Inlands again, once I get settled. I love Inlands, Nick has some really nice ones!

Old 02-08-2019, 12:57 PM   #36
67temp
How do inlands compare to the ijs as far as size and care?

Old 02-08-2019, 04:31 PM   #37
MysticExotics
Quote:
How do inlands compare to the ijs as far as size and care?
About the same size or a little smaller, full grown. They don't seem as sensitive to temp fluctuations as IJ's can. If I recall, they need cooler temps for breeding.
They're more active, for sure!

Old 03-25-2019, 02:36 PM   #38
67temp
A couple of updated pics of Jack and Sally.

Old 03-27-2019, 10:26 AM   #39
67temp
Gunnie - granite IJ freshly shed and ready to eat.

Old 03-27-2019, 12:58 PM   #40
MysticExotics
Very nice! I love the yellow on Granite IJ's!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google