CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Dante intro and progress thread

Old 12-07-2018, 08:21 PM   #11
xStaticSnow
pictures of the viv

Old 12-08-2018, 09:48 AM   #12
chris68
Sweet looking home for a snake for sure!

Old 02-19-2019, 12:03 AM   #13
xStaticSnow
6 month update

Dante is now about 6 months old and he's just about doubled in weight since I've brought him home. I've had him eating double pinkies for the past several weeks now and I think he'll be ready to move up to fuzzies in a few more weeks. I've changed his tank around a little to make it easier for me to find him for feedings and handling. So far I've only spotted him out exploring a couple times at night but he's still small and I have noticed he's been leaving tunnels all throughout the aspen. Looks like he does much of his locomotion beneath the substrate.

He's gained ~10 grams since I've had him but he's only shed twice for me. Once, immediately after I brought him home and again 3 or 4 weeks later. He's growing steadily so I'm sure there's nothing to worry myself over too much but it does seem odd to me since he's so young.

Old 02-19-2019, 10:09 AM   #14
Twolunger
You will see faster growth when you start with the fuzzies. I try to move my hatchlings off pinkies as soon as possible. Dante should be able to handle fuzzies right now. I do move the hatchlings up to peach fuzzies and then larger fuzzies, but I don't think most pet shops order peach fuzzies, which are younger than the larger and older fuzzies.

Old 02-19-2019, 11:24 AM   #15
MysticExotics
Looks good! I agree, you'll see size increase once you bump to fuzzies, then they grow fairly fast.

Old 02-19-2019, 06:15 PM   #16
xStaticSnow
Thanks for the reassurances. He's about 21g at the moment and I was planning on getting him up to 24g before offering a fuzzy. I'm limited in the type of frozen mice I have access to right now but the fuzzies I have on hand look a little big for him. I think I only have a couple more weeks of pinkies left, anyway. So, I'll probably let him finish those off and then move up to the fuzzies.

Old 03-19-2019, 12:24 AM   #17
xStaticSnow
Dante had his first fuzzy mouse on Saturday and since then he's pooped (twice! Once in the viv and once ON ME.) And he's finally had his 3rd shed with me. He's growing fast!

Old 04-12-2019, 07:22 PM   #18
xStaticSnow
To give a little update--Dante is now taking 6g meals. We're sprouting some wheatgrass on the window sill so I let him explore the plants a little. His colors are starting to brighten and I'm pretty excited to see how he's looking after his next shed.

I changed up his enclosure again, added some fake rubber succulents I found at the dollar store. I never see him out in his enclosure, but I can see he's made tons of little tunnels under the substrate around the whole perimeter of his tank. He just does all his cruising while I'm asleep.

Old 04-12-2019, 07:24 PM   #19
xStaticSnow
here's the viv

Old 05-18-2019, 08:46 PM   #20
xStaticSnow
I'm just going to add this update here rather than make a new thread, but I got a second corn snake today. I think I'm going to call him Virgil and he's actually Dante's half brother

I have him in a temporary sterility setup for QT atm, but he'll get his own 20L soon.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google