CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Sexing my corns

Old 09-01-2018, 01:17 PM   #1
Blossom
Sexing my corns

I have two corns snakes (plus a ball and hognose) that I bought as unsexed hatchlings. I am not necessarily going to breed, but I am curious if I have a pair. And if they look like a good match.
First is Ringo a 2.5 year old Okeetee. And the other is Peppermint, a yerling albino.

Old 09-02-2018, 10:29 PM   #2
Blossom
Any guesses? I'm 90% sure I'm not breeding. It's just for fun.

Old 09-02-2018, 11:20 PM   #3
SnakeCreations
Hi Blossom!

Cornsnakes aren't visually sexed - you need to probe or have someone familiar with probing sex your snakes for you. It's perfectly safe - Kathy Love did some great videos on probing - you can see her videos on her website at cornutopia.com Please note that popping isn't reliable for adult snakes. That said, if you're not comfortable, check out the breeders in your area and see if they'll do it for you.

By the way - your snakes are lovely!!

-Tonya

Old 02-20-2019, 12:43 PM   #4
albinoscooby
That's a nice Okeetee, and a big one!! REptile shops or some small pet stores can do it for you. I suggest to not do it if you haven't done it in the past

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google