CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Howdy from Florida!

Old 11-15-2018, 03:31 PM   #1
PocketFuzz
Howdy from Florida!

Corn snake owner for decades! Res used a wild baby corn snake from a guy with a shovel intent upon chopping her into bits and pieces! She was a tiny baby, about 5/16 inches around and less than 6 inches long.

I put her in a lunch bag and brought her home. Started her on earthworms and pinkies, then progressed up through the rodent ages as she grew.

I found her in 1996 and she is now over 4 feet long and about 2 inches in diameter. If she was 1 when I found her, that makes her 23 years old! How long do they live?

She is red, with a fantastic checkerboard belly, possibly an Okeetee? Found in Ormond Beach, FL.

If the above link doesn't work, here is same image, photo taken in 2010.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Old 11-15-2018, 03:52 PM   #2
Elekia
From what I understood and read they have a lifespan any where from 10 to 20 years. Glad to see your beauty passing the high mark! Here's to hoping my Idris lives that long!

Props for saving Res!! Image of my scale baby waiting for his dinner to move because hes picky like that.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Old 11-15-2018, 04:09 PM   #3
Twolunger
Congrats on the rescue. You have certainly taken excellent care of her. The oldest corn I heard about was 24 years old, but there could be older ones.

Old 11-15-2018, 06:10 PM   #4
Karl_Mcknight
I know of 1 personally 23 years old, and I read somewhere the longest one on record was 26 years, but somebody on this site claims they've seen longer, but I seriously doubt it.

They do live longer as pets than they do in the wild. "Average" lifespan wild is about 8 years and for a pet 15.

Old 11-15-2018, 09:17 PM   #5
DeuceRon
Cool story! Welcome to the forum!

Old 11-16-2018, 12:14 AM   #6
Myca
Nice. That is sweet

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google