• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Het Cinder influence?

MysticExotics

(formerly NWHeather)
Both of these snakes are from the (local) same breeder, picked up at a local pet store.
The one on the left is a Hypo Tessera, the one on the right is a Hypo Motley Tessera, and I think might be het for Cinder. She came in with a batch of Cinder combos.

Attachments

• 207338_471108_VeryLarge_OhbWlTpPZ1Vj.jpg
    207338_471108_VeryLarge_OhbWlTpPZ1Vj.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 115
  • 207338_471106_VeryLarge_ZjVmGD7zZqU2N6R.jpg
    207338_471106_VeryLarge_ZjVmGD7zZqU2N6R.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 115
Hi,

yes, it seems as if het Cinder sometimes creates a "miami-ish" look. I have several normals het Cinder (and more) who also show a lack of yellow and pretty clear colors.

But I won't use this as a reliable marker for unknown snakes.
Only testbreeding will help you to be sure.

Best wishes,
Seriva

PS: Attached is one of my het Cinder females.

Attachments

• wildhethyciteblo-w301.jpg
    wildhethyciteblo-w301.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 95
How can you tell the difference between the tessera and the motely tessera?

I've also heard that motely is not only a pattern modifier but it reduces the amount of visible melan.

I've also heard that motely is not only a pattern modifier but it reduces the amount of visible melan.

Motley Tesseras will have smoothed side patterns, usually with some lateral striping, rather than the broken tessellations of a normal Tessera.

I suspect the observed melanin reduction has more to do with Motley's effect on the border patterns, but I do think it might lighten saddle color itself slightly too.

The difference in the side pattern, as well as the dorsal stripe is more like a pinstripe Motley, than a regular Tessera.

Motley Tesseras will have smoothed side patterns, usually with some lateral striping, rather than the broken tessellations of a normal Tessera.

I suspect the observed melanin reduction has more to do with Motley's effect on the border patterns, but I do think it might lighten saddle color itself slightly too.
It's possible, haven't done a lot with Motley. My guess is based on the het Cinders I have had before.
She'll be bred to prove out the Cinder, but I also am wanting to continue to work on more perfect stripe Tessera's in my projects.

Hi,

yes, it seems as if het Cinder sometimes creates a "miami-ish" look. I have several normals het Cinder (and more) who also show a lack of yellow and pretty clear colors.

But I won't use this as a reliable marker for unknown snakes.
Only testbreeding will help you to be sure.

Best wishes,
Seriva

PS: Attached is one of my het Cinder females.

Agreed, but it's a strong suspicion, based on other het Cinders I have had.
I think the Cinder gene will help with my Candy Cane projects.

A friend of mine bred a Butter Tessera to a Hypo Peppermint, she got mixed babies. Some had this Miami-ish look and others just looked like normal Amel (Tessera). She kept a male of this clutch that was pretty white looking already when he hatched, saw him a while ago in person (he's grown a lot!) and he really has this candycane look to him.

I got in contact with the breeder of these babies, turns out this female is het Cinder. She's also possibly Homo Dom (Super) Tessera.

Attachments

• Blix.JPG
    Blix.JPG
    178.2 KB · Views: 53
Back