CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Hello All

Old 02-21-2017, 08:43 PM   #1
hawkeye956
Hello All

Hi everyone I have been on this site for a few years now learning about corn snakes and everything needed to do so successfully. I finally got my first two corns today! It is very funny how different their personalities are from each other. I got two males Ares and Hades. Both 2016 hatchlings one is a ghost corn and the other is a salmon snow. I am attaching a pic of the ghost and trying to upload one of the salmon snow. The ghost was all over the place in his cage exploring and the salmon snow has beneath the coconut fiber all day long the pic I got is the most I have seen of him. I am letting them adjust and will probably start feeding on Thursday. I am wondering if there is a reason Ares is staying hidden in the soil instead of using his hides? I will post more pics as I get better shots of them!

Old 02-22-2017, 07:26 PM   #2
Scrappyeddie77
They do have personalities. I have three myself and they are all different. My male who is named Ares is the most chilled. He is a fire. My little girls are Athena and Artemis. Athena is just likes to hangout. Artemis is the one that I always seem to have to chase around to hold her. She is not a biter. She is just shy.

And as for why one likes to hide in the substrate. Different strokes for different snakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 02-22-2017, 10:34 PM   #3
hawkeye956
I actually wonder if his enclosure is too open for his liking. When I first put him in the fake plant was not there so he just had the cold side and warm side hide and water dish. He is in the living room so my tv is on when I am home and he only has the comfort of one wall and three sides open. I am attaching a photo of my setup here. I have only caught him completely out in the open at 5 am this morning when I woke up and about at 8 pm today when I got home from work. Other than that just the head is poking up. You can see his head peeking up near the water dish and log hide in the pic. Any thoughts as to if this could be the problem and he just doesn't feel safe? Also I have never seen him enter his warm side hide just the cold side hide.

Old 02-22-2017, 11:10 PM   #4
hawkeye956
This is usually what I see while I am on the couch! He is always keeping his eye on me As soon as I get up off the couch he goes back under the substrate.

Old 02-23-2017, 03:42 AM   #5
Zincubus
It could simply be that the quieter mire reserved one is simply going into or coming out of shedding mode ....

Old 02-23-2017, 03:43 AM   #6
Zincubus
Oh and welcome !!

Old 02-24-2017, 09:37 AM   #7
Zeina
Lol it always killed me when my hatchlings popped up out of the substrate to stare.
Reminds me of the raptor in the first Jurassic Park!
They hide A LOT as babies, both of mine did, they did it for daysss - don't worry about it.
Honestly it's just what they do - my guys will be 3 this year and while they roam a lot as adults, they still like to burrow more than hang out in their hides.
Don't worry at all, they'll be fine.

Looking forward to seeing your photos.
Welcome to the addiction!

Old 02-24-2017, 11:00 PM   #8
lazarin
My Zeke is a shy one as well - I rarely see him until he's hungry! I've had more than one scare where I thought he'd escaped, but he'd really just wedged himself into the tiniest possible hidey hole. 😂 Welcome to the fun.....

Old 03-07-2017, 12:38 PM   #9
Zincubus
Maybe try some orchid bark / ReptiBark to make your beautiful snake stand out !?!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google