CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

two fuzzies?

Old 03-02-2016, 10:49 AM   #1
pretzel66
two fuzzies?

Hi everyone, so my corn snake is currently at about 36 grams. The only fuzzies I have access to are usually about 4-5 grams. The munson plan says to feed 1 fuzzie that is 7 - 9 grams every 5 - 6 days. Should I feed two fuzzies? I don't want to underfeed my snake. Or should that be sufficient for a while? I might start doubling once she hits 40 - 45 grams. Thanks so much!

Old 03-02-2016, 11:11 AM   #2
DollysMom
The Munson plan is known to be agressive. You can very safely size up later and still raise a very well fed and healthy snake. My snake weighs 41 grams (currently in shed and just missed her second feeding) and I feed 5 gram fuzzies. I do plan to move her up to 6 gram fuzzies the second feeding after the shed.

I would not feed double fuzzies. The regurge risk is too high. Just feed these and then move your snake up to the next size available.

Old 03-02-2016, 11:29 AM   #3
mishima25
I agree, the Munson Plan is very, very aggressive. You can safely feed 1 fuzzy (5-8gr) until your snake is 50gr, or even until 70gr if you feed the bigger end.

Old 03-02-2016, 11:50 AM   #4
pretzel66
Okay great thank you! I've heard it was aggressive so it's good to know that everything is fine. Thanks so much for the responses!

Old 03-02-2016, 06:13 PM   #5
Karl_Mcknight
If there is a PetsMart in your area, they have the "Arctic Mice" Brand, and the boxes labeled "Small Mice" contain 6 mice to a box and they average about 8 or 9 grams a mouse. Although they don't call them "Fuzzies" they are exactly the weight you are trying to find.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google