CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Should I feed her more? or more often?

Old 10-16-2006, 09:44 AM   #1
Cully
Should I feed her more? or more often?

Hi, just looking for some advice from an experienced corn snake owner....

I went to feed my snake last night and she gobbled down 2 pinkies very quickly, which makes me ask the following questions...

1. Should I feed her more? (as in, bigger pinkies, or even 3?... currently she's eating pinkies approx 1.25 the width of the thickest part of her body.)

2. Should I feed her the same amount, but a little more often? (currently feeding every 6 days or so)

She's about 3 months old.... I've had her just over a week.. it's my first snake... I want her to grow up nice and big (not fat).... not for breeding :P

Thanks!

Old 10-16-2006, 10:08 AM   #2
Joolz68
Wink

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

This section (Feeders) is more for the items we feed our snakes. You might get more responses if it was in the Husbandry & Basic Care section. Here are a few threads that may help:
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41635

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41667

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9867

You should try the Search feature on this Forum. It has a lot of information and sometimes gives answers to questions you didn't have yet.

Old 10-16-2006, 10:30 AM   #3
zwyatt
You could go either route, but I would move up to a larger size. If she's eating two at a time and they don't leave a noticeable bulge, then move up to a larger size pinky or small fuzzy. Just try to feed something that is approx. 1.5x the width of the widest part of her body. You can move up to feeding every 5 days if that suits your tastes. When feeding smaller food items like pinkies and fuzzies, once every 5 days isn't really going to fatten them up. Once she moves on to larger fuzzies and hoppers, then you can space the feedings farther apart.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google