• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Drone

Twolunger

I was at a boat show yesterday and the wind was blowing kind of strong, knocking down signs, and flags were fluttering straight out. Then I saw a drone in the air and the wind wasn't moving it at all. The pilot had that hovering in one spot taking pictures or videos. I can't believe the wind didn't blow it all around. He or she had it flying all around a about a 20 acre site, and I never did see who was piloting it. Would have liked to ask about it.

Yeah, some of the drones seem to be pretty capable bucking the wind and using GPS coordinates to just stay locked in place. I tend to be pretty conservative about such things, preferring to not see my drone get hit with a particularly strong gust of wind, putting it into the tree branches.

I would like to get another drone sometime, but I'm holding out for 4K/60fps. The video is just much better with that spec where panning is concerned compared to 4K/30fps. But it seems that the drone companies are trying to tiptoe around this, I guess because it would impact their sales of the more professional (meaning $$) drones if they make the specs of their consumer and prosumer drones too capable. 4K/30fps works just fine when the drone is mostly stationary, but 60fps makes a world of difference when the drone is clipping along at a good pace.

But I am satisfied with the one I have in the meantime. Not that I fly it all that often. Maybe if I got out more and had more interesting places to take video of it would be a different story. But realistically speaking, Florida really doesn't have all that much in the way of spectacular vertical scenery.

Back