CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

they were cheap to feed......

Old 10-23-2015, 09:52 AM   #11
Dragonling
For sure. I'm so excited about the palmetto stuff, I just wish hets weren't a couple years away still! The first time I saw a palmetto, I just fell in love! It kills me that some people (even Brian Barczyk!) seem convinced all you can do with the morph is just change the eye color or get all red or gray speckles. You never know how some genes are going to interact. There are a bunch of palmetto projects out there that are gonna start hitting their targets really soon. Sure, diffused might have been kind of a bust (at least, it seems difficult to tell if they are diffused or not), but there are tesseras in the making! Stripe and motley! And fun colors too, like butter and salmon snow!

I have also been told by breeders (particularly in Europe) with high end projects that even if something hasn't been done, "the hets are out there"...as though there aren't THOUSANDS of morph combos yet to be seen or even dreamt up! Any breeder has the potential to make something unique (even world firsts!) if they think outside the box enough.

Old 10-23-2015, 11:47 AM   #12
nancyg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonling View Post
For sure. I'm so excited about the palmetto stuff, I just wish hets weren't a couple years away still! The first time I saw a palmetto, I just fell in love! It kills me that some people (even Brian Barczyk!) seem convinced all you can do with the morph is just change the eye color or get all red or gray speckles. You never know how some genes are going to interact. There are a bunch of palmetto projects out there that are gonna start hitting their targets really soon. Sure, diffused might have been kind of a bust (at least, it seems difficult to tell if they are diffused or not), but there are tesseras in the making! Stripe and motley! And fun colors too, like butter and salmon snow! (snipped) )
OOO I want to see those! (palmetto tesseras, stripes, butters, salmons) There is that chance that there will be some interesting reaction between genes.. I think there's a morph called 'Shatter' where the gene combination affected the pattern - I don't remember which genes offhand though.

I would love to see a version where the random coloration blotches in the palmetto are in a solid stripe down the side of the snake and the rest of the body is white, or maybe a solid color..
Or a golden yellow body with random flecks of color all over (autumn colors- falling leaves)

Old 10-23-2015, 11:52 AM   #13
Ravenessa
you have me drooling now.. I love the palms.. but yeah so out of my price range at this point and out of space.. it's sad and bad..

Old 10-23-2015, 01:16 PM   #14
Dragonling
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyg View Post
OOO I want to see those! (palmetto tesseras, stripes, butters, salmons) There is that chance that there will be some interesting reaction between genes.. I think there's a morph called 'Shatter' where the gene combination affected the pattern - I don't remember which genes offhand though.

I would love to see a version where the random coloration blotches in the palmetto are in a solid stripe down the side of the snake and the rest of the body is white, or maybe a solid color..
Or a golden yellow body with random flecks of color all over (autumn colors- falling leaves)
Shatter is cinder sunkissed. I would like to do some things with shatter eventually, though I had something different in mind. But that's a great example! Something might interact with the palmetto pattern just like those two genes.

An autumn colored palmetto would be amazing! I sent a yellow jacket amel to a friend, so perhaps if I keep a spare female palmetto we can make that happen. Ultramel might be a good option too, though I still refuse to work with ultra LOL!

I just realized you're a short jaunt from me! Do you breed?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google