CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

Best captures

Old 04-09-2012, 02:15 AM   #101
AliCat37
I haven't seen any critters out this year! But there were already rattler's out and about, there was a whole headlining new story about one!

Old 04-09-2012, 09:17 AM   #102
Outcast
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnoctopus View Post
Upon looking it up, I think you're correct. Someone had told me that they were sceloporus lizards, but none of the sources I read mentioned much about them living in the southwest. Thank you!
I have been spending a lot of time with the NM Game and Fish Herpetologist, and one of his contractors. The only reason that I knew that lizard off the bat was because we caught one last august and they had me look it up. LOL

Old 04-12-2012, 07:24 PM   #103
Jaded_Heart
Last summer where I lived down in Suffolk, VA we found a couple poor critters in my uncle's pool (saltwater pool). Both of these "rescues" were rinsed well with fresh water and released well away from that dangerous water hole!

Old 04-12-2012, 10:27 PM   #104
VickyChaiTea
How could I forget about this litte guy! Rescued from a Wal-mart parking lot and relocated to a pond.

Old 04-13-2012, 12:24 AM   #105
RobbiesCornField
OMG!!!!!! HE'S ADORABLE!!!!

Old 04-13-2012, 02:14 AM   #106
diamondlil
Here's Bitey! A terrapin who's in the wrong place, in a newt pond at a local wildlife refuge, where he has been for 5 years at least, gobbling up the wildlife. He has to be removed......so he's going to be caught by the rangers and be rehomed with me! He's overwintered and this is my first view of him this year

Old 04-13-2012, 11:38 AM   #107
Vinman
I catch these every year and sell them around the country. They are not native to N. America

Old 05-03-2012, 02:55 PM   #108
komodo_28
Here is my first one for this year, a Jacksons Chameleon in Maui! Sorry for the bad quality of the pictures but here he is. He is by far the best reptile I have caught!

Old 05-03-2012, 09:09 PM   #109
jasonb
I haven't been able to contribute to this thread because I've never caught anything really awesome until tonight. This little Eastern Milk was crawling as fast as he could across the gravel path at the gun club. He nibbled on my briefly and then was very mellow. It's only May 3, but he just seems soooo small to have survived since last summer.

Old 05-06-2012, 07:46 PM   #110
cornbreadandmilk
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonb View Post
I haven't been able to contribute to this thread because I've never caught anything really awesome until tonight. This little Eastern Milk was crawling as fast as he could across the gravel path at the gun club. He nibbled on my briefly and then was very mellow. It's only May 3, but he just seems soooo small to have survived since last summer.

wow that little guy is just so darn pretty

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google