CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Strange Regurge

Old 01-08-2006, 08:45 PM   #1
ratsncorns
Strange Regurge

My anery regurged a couple weeks ago, so I didnt feed him for ten days. I gave him a smaller meal after that, which he digested just fine. Yesterday was feeding day but he seemed distracted and wouldnt look at the fuzzy so I put him in the closet where it was dark. I left him in there overnight. In the morning the fuzzy was still there, but along with a bunch of mucus-y stuff around the fuzzy. It looked to me like he regurged the fuzzy he had eaten the night before. Should I go ahead and not feed for 10 days? Even though he hadnt even barely started to digest the fuzzy and it wasnt a 'true' regurge? I think being in the feeding container overnight may have stressed him out too much...

Old 01-08-2006, 09:19 PM   #2
zwyatt
I always lean more towards the "if you are at all unsure, then wait to feed" end of the spectrum. I would hate to push it too soon and risk another regurge.

As a side note: Coming back from a regurge it's usually suggested to offer smaller meals for a couple of feedings. If their stomachs are still sensitive they can still regurge again if the second or third meal back is too big.

If it were me, I would wait 7-10 days and offer another small meal. If he keeps that down I would offer another small meal after another 7-10 days. After that I would probably move back up to more regular sized meals.

Old 01-08-2006, 11:04 PM   #3
ratsncorns
Thanks Zach. I have been giving him smaller meals but I should go to large pinks for a couple feedings as I was just giving him small fuzzies. I think I will treat this as I would for any other regurge.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google