• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My right to bear arms is under fire right now.

I guess I never did understand the government's reasoning in that it is perfectly OK to send USA troops overseas to fight and die not only for our freedom, but also the freedom of other country's citizens, yet seem all in a tizzy and astonished to think that we might be willing to fight and die for our freedom HERE that they would want to encroach upon.

And they can't seem to comprehend why we demand that we retain the tools needed in order to that, if necessary. No we hope we never have to do just that. But as my mom used to tell me, "Better to have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it."

I do not think PTSD should be considered in the ownership of guns. Sure it might play a role but it shouldn't be the sole reason to be denied the right to bare arms.

The problem is Michael is the government is not taking care of its veterans. They keep taking away right after right from them. They make getting help from the VA sometimes impossible. They will fight you tooth and nail to pay as little as they can get away with. Our veterans are suffering, yet I don't see it on the front lines of the news. I see our President and current congress doing nothing to help Veterans but take away more money from the GI bill or from VA disability health care.
BW77 Those funds are more needed for things like free cell phones!

I don't know anyone who has a free cell phone. It's not to say that there aren't plenty who have them, but I'm highly doubtful that it's the tipping point for this country's financial problems.

The problem is that you have rich, privileged politicians, who have the easy decision to send away lives that aren't in any relation to them. They can afford to send someone like Outcast away to fight, because it's not their child fighting. It's not their money being spent to fight. And they have an endless, repopulating pool of people to send to fight their wars for them, just like him, should he die, become too injured, or become deemed "damaged goods". And once he returns, it's not (in their eyes) the responsibility of them to make sure that he's able to seek treatment. Because, to them, replacing him with a younger, "un-damaged" person is cheaper and more effective than investing in his recovery. It's sad, sickening, and unfortunately just one way that our Gov't abuses it's citizens/military members.

I don't know anyone who has a free cell phone. It's not to say that there aren't plenty who have them, but I'm highly doubtful that it's the tipping point for this country's financial problems.
You're correct it's just a drop in the entitlement ocean that's drowning this nation. In just four years this program has increased 2400% over the 2008 figure in Baltimore alone. It's an expense that is simply not needed at all. It exists as part of a welfare state that gets votes for demicans. Too many people are willing to shrug off the frivilous spending just as you have, that's the tipping point for this country's financial problems.

The problem is that you have rich, privileged politicians, who have the easy decision to send away lives that aren't in any relation to them. They can afford to send someone like Outcast away to fight, because it's not their child fighting. It's not their money being spent to fight. And they have an endless, repopulating pool of people to send to fight their wars for them, just like him, should he die, become too injured, or become deemed "damaged goods". And once he returns, it's not (in their eyes) the responsibility of them to make sure that he's able to seek treatment. Because, to them, replacing him with a younger, "un-damaged" person is cheaper and more effective than investing in his recovery. It's sad, sickening, and unfortunately just one way that our Gov't abuses it's citizens/military members.
I can agree with some of that. Though it's laughable to believe the political motivation is the lack of it being their child. Political motivation has always been about power and control. The republicrats are given power through corporations and appealing to a conservative base. The demicans derive their power from the welfare state, regulation and appealing to the liberal base.

If demicans came out tomorrow and said we're going to greatly reduce entitlement spending, reduce taxes(on those that actually pay income tax) and increase the defense budget(pays for veteran care) the majority would be ousted. If republicrats came out tomorrow and said we are going to cut defense spending, raise taxes(on those that actually pay income tax) and increase spending on the welfare state the majority would be ousted.

IMHO the causation of veteran care struggles is behind the scenes fallout from DoD spending control. The DoD budget is cut under the guise of we don't need new tanks, but that budget also funds veteran care. Also IMHO the removal of outcast's rights has very little to do with public safety, rather more with control.

Tsst brings up a very good point. The defense budget does in fact pay for Veterans health care. The problem is, when the defense budget takes a cut, it cuts from the lowest priority, which is Veterans health care.... In order to keep paying for those new planes and tanks...

Tsst brings up a very good point. The defense budget does in fact pay for Veterans health care. The problem is, when the defense budget takes a cut, it cuts from the lowest priority, which is Veterans health care.... In order to keep paying for those new planes and tanks...

Heck, that's the way it always is. When the congress critters cut the budget, they make certain that the money comes from areas that will hurt the most people. They slice off the meat instead of the fat, just so they can look all hurt and pious when it happens.

And yeah, I love how they are talking about raising taxes to try to avoid this "fiscal cliff" nonsense. Basically, they are saying, "Sorry, but we could not control our spending, so we have to punish YOU because of our actions."

Can ANYONE actually see a happy ending down the road this country is heading?

Oh, by the way. I read somewhere that they are planning on increasing spending when the new taxes start rolling in. Instead of paying of debt, they want to dig the hole deeper... Pretty soon it seems like they will end up running into magma and burning up...

I have been saying it for a while now. Most countries, when they reach this point (land base size/unhappiness) they begin to fracture. It is the natural progression of empires...

I have never been a citizen of any other country than the United States.
I have never been a mother.
I have never jumped out of a plane or bungie jumped.
I have never snowboarded.
I have never driven a motorcycle.

Therefore you will never ever find me participating in threads about other countries laws and politics, motherhood, jumping out of planes or bungie jumping, snowboarding or riding a motorcycle. I don't know about it, have never experianced it, have no opinion about it, and have no desire to spout off about topics I don't fully understand.
Be nice if others followed suit. Just sayin'. :)

Only you could draw such a conclusion.

Well, you all talk about how things are getting worse and worse. So I assume that means they used to be better. Tax rates used to be much higher.

Ergo, things were better when tax rates were higher.

Also, Starsevol, thinly veiled accusations that I'm ignorant because I'm too Canadian to understand are getting really tiresome. Please come up with new ad hominem attacks to avoid addressing what I'm saying, please.

Well, you all talk about how things are getting worse and worse. So I assume that means they used to be better. Tax rates used to be much higher.

I don't believe tax rates were higher for 3 reasons.....
First, there are more hidden taxes in the form of "fees" than ever before.
More people than ever before pay no tax at all, while more tax burden is heaped upon the working people.
Third, 43% of every dollar earned in this country is taken for taxes which is a higher percentage than ever before.

Also, Starsevol, thinly veiled accusations that I'm ignorant because I'm too Canadian to understand are getting really tiresome. Please come up with new ad hominem attacks to avoid addressing what I'm saying, please.

Hey, I am just posting about how I life MY online life, and fantasizing about others doing the same....that's all!

You don't live here.
You don't pay taxes here.
You are not a part of the culture here.
You don't use our healthcare services or our infrastruture.
You really have no frame of reference to anything that goes on here.

You are NOT ignorant. I believe you are quite intelligent.
But you are posting about things that you really know nothing about.
Life in the USA is not a life that you live, and you can have any opinion you want to have, but face the fact that you won't be taken seriously.

Well, based on what you guys are telling me, the US was a lot happier when taxes were higher.

How in the world did you make that kind of off-the-wall connection?

It's much the same as saying that since more children die from swimming pool accidents during the time that ice cream sales are the highest, then ice cream is obviously the source and cause of those accidental deaths.

:rofl:

If you want to go this route, take a look at violent gun crimes in 1930 and then compare them with now. Correlate with the number of gun laws on the books then and now. Make a graph. Draw your conclusions based on THAT statistical analysis. Here, let me help. Obviously gun laws CAUSE more gun related crime.

Imagine that........ :bang:

Stop posting nonsensical sludge and maybe someone would be willing to try. :laugh:

Hey, I am just posting about how I life MY online life, and fantasizing about others doing the same....that's all!

You don't live here.
You don't pay taxes here.
You are not a part of the culture here.
You don't use our healthcare services or our infrastruture.
You really have no frame of reference to anything that goes on here.

You are NOT ignorant. I believe you are quite intelligent.
But you are posting about things that you really know nothing about.
Life in the USA is not a life that you live, and you can have any opinion you want to have, but face the fact that you won't be taken seriously.

Oh, I know I won't be taken seriously here but it has nothing to do with me not being an American. You guys don't take anyone seriously that doesn't conform to your conservative echo chamber.

In fact, I witnessed in an amazing moment when one of the mods threaten to ban someone for standing up to KJUN back in the day.

So I'm well aware of the level of respect many of you don't have for people who disagree with you and I've never seen that disdain and self righteousness not be applied to an American liberal.

It's dishonest to claim that the attitude I receive from yourself or Rich or whoever is not purely ideologically related.

How in the world did you make that kind of off-the-wall connection?

It's much the same as saying that since more children die from swimming pool accidents during the time that ice cream sales are the highest, then ice cream is obviously the source and cause of those accidental deaths.

:rofl:

If you want to go this route, take a look at violent gun crimes in 1930 and then compare them with now. Correlate with the number of gun laws on the books then and now. Make a graph. Draw your conclusions based on THAT statistical analysis. Here, let me help. Obviously gun laws CAUSE more gun related crime.

Imagine that........ :bang:

If you're going to put words in my mouth, should I even bother being here? Are you going to speak for me now?

Back