CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

coming back for regurges

Old 02-25-2005, 10:50 PM   #21
MegF.
That's good news. Keep us updated, we all like to hear happy endings!

Old 03-28-2005, 11:26 PM   #22
Skeet
unfortunatly no happy ending to this story. He died. Some just arn't strong enough. my other one is doing great, though.
R.I.P skeet

Old 03-29-2005, 12:04 AM   #23
MegF.
So sorry to hear that the little guy didn't make it. It sounded like things were going so much better too.

Old 03-29-2005, 07:59 AM   #24
peep_827
I'm sorry for your loss. It sounds like you did everything you could for him.

Old 03-29-2005, 09:34 AM   #25
kathylove
Sorry to hear it didn't work out.

Unfortunately, Mother Nature has destined some animals to be part of the food chain for other animals, although we raise a lot higher percentage in captivity than nature would allow in the wild.

You just have to do the best you can, and rest assured that the baby probably would not have fared better in the wild. And that you have learned things that will help you do even more in the future.

Good luck on future corns - don't give up!

Old 07-23-2009, 11:44 PM   #26
artistic13
I bought a corn snake from an all animal expo on the 5th of July (this month). I fed it a frozen/thawed pinkey mouse on wed the 8th, and today thurs the 23rd, I still cannot get her to eat. How do I get her to eat? Could you give me a few suggestions?

I'm not new to owning reptiles,in fact I have had many reptiles, and still do. It's just that this is the first one that refuses to eat.

Old 07-24-2009, 03:52 AM   #27
BobbyHill
Try reading the Health Issues/Feeding Problems FAQ. It's got some good info you can use.

Also, holy thread necromancy!

Old 07-24-2009, 10:14 PM   #28
artistic13
see all the temps in her cage are just fine. She has two hides, and a nice shallow water bowl.I thaw the mouse all the way through, and feed her in a separate container. I have tried slitting the brain, cutting the back, and washing the mouse. Does any one have any other ideas that I can try?

Old 07-24-2009, 10:19 PM   #29
danielle
Put the separate container you feed the snake in into the viv over night with the snake inside and airholes of course. Leave the pinky in and don't check on anyone until the morning leaving the container away from the warm side and more towards the middle.

Old 07-25-2009, 04:05 PM   #30
BobbyHill
You can also try live, scenting the f/t mouse on a live rodent, soaking the mouse in tuna juice or chicken broth...

If you do try live, make sure you keep a close eye to make sure the snake doesn't get hurt.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google