CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Want an edit button and other perks? Become a contributing member! Click here.

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

A note about "COME LOOK AT MY SITE" threads....
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2005, 10:15 PM   #11
Hurley
Ahhh, I'm reminded of a catchy little number from The Sound of Music:


So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, good night
I hate to go and leave this pretty sight

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, adieu
Adieu, adieu, to yieu and yieu and yieu

So long, farewell, au revoir, auf wiedersehen
I'd like to stay and taste my first champagne, YES?
NO!

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye
I leave and heave a sigh and say goodbye -- Goodbye!
I'm glad to go, I cannot tell a lie
I flit, I float, I fleetly flee, I fly
The sun has gone to bed and so must I

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye


Goodbye
 
Old 04-11-2005, 10:16 PM   #12
brownie55
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTGoff69
OMG, are you SERIOUS??? You are here because Rich pays for the site, and if you respected that you would contribute! Who does he think he is??? The owner of this site, and one of the largest cornsnake breeding operations in the US. Never visit this site again?? Sounds like you're doing us a favor! Have some respect!!!!!
I thought he was OK, until right now. Three consecutive posts to slam our host. To Hell with him. Rich, your house your rules. I won't miss him, just hope his snakes don't suffer from "stupid owner syndrome" because he won't come back to ask a question. But then, how likely is somebody like that to listen to advice anyway.

Bye bye, Mos, and to quote my daddy, "Don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you."
 
Old 04-11-2005, 10:19 PM   #13
Rich Z
Yeah. Guess I need to make my mustache look a little bit more Hitleresque in appearance.

"Right wingest jerk"? Guess this guy is offended at me for having those dirty nasty icky guns, too.

He came off like a cork waiting for a reason to pop.
 
Old 04-11-2005, 10:24 PM   #14
brownie55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpwidgets
Come on, Rich, get with the times. We all know that this site doesn't cost a dime to run. It's free speech, man. The US Constitution guarantees everyone in the world, including the UK, the right to do whatever they wish with your private property, and without consequence to themselves. And you have to like it, too.

[/sarcasm]
Um. that UK comment might have been directed at Stubby, who actually put together a nice site. He was not in here complaining, and I hope he doesn't. I kinda like him.

Serpwidgets, you on the other hand have more advertising in your sig than I thought possible. I know you are well liked, and I'll probably get slammed for this, but, Pot meet Kettle.
 
Old 04-11-2005, 10:25 PM   #15
JTGoff69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurley
Ahhh, I'm reminded of a catchy little number from The Sound of Music:


So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, good night
I hate to go and leave this pretty sight

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, adieu
Adieu, adieu, to yieu and yieu and yieu

So long, farewell, au revoir, auf wiedersehen
I'd like to stay and taste my first champagne, YES?
NO!

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye
I leave and heave a sigh and say goodbye -- Goodbye!
I'm glad to go, I cannot tell a lie
I flit, I float, I fleetly flee, I fly
The sun has gone to bed and so must I

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye


Goodbye
ROFLMAO Connie, I would have never know how to spell auf Wiedersehen, and I'm part German! What a nice little song for our fallen comrade!

Rich, I don't know how you do it, Prozac maybe?? LOL
 
Old 04-11-2005, 10:27 PM   #16
brownie55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
"Right wingest jerk"? Guess this guy is offended at me for having those dirty nasty icky guns, too.
to quote Homer Simpson almost Mmmmmmmmmm, Gunzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
 
Old 04-11-2005, 10:30 PM   #17
carol
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownie55
Serpwidgets, you on the other hand have more advertising in your sig than I thought possible. I know you are well liked, and I'll probably get slammed for this, but, Pot meet Kettle.
I think the sig areas are kept at a reasonable size, but one point to look at is, both Serp and Hurley are paid contibutors, both have paid a yearly fee for forums, and even paid for banner advertising as well....
I think there are differences in leaps and bounds between that and people who don't contribute anything and just want free advertising. And just so you know, I am not implying anyone imparticular.

We are all extremely lucky we are allowed to post our for sale animals here. I find the request extremely reasonable.
 
Old 04-11-2005, 10:30 PM   #18
JTGoff69
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownie55
Serpwidgets, you on the other hand have more advertising in your sig than I thought possible. I know you are well liked, and I'll probably get slammed for this, but, Pot meet Kettle.
It's all very well funded too brownie. Just think, Serp and Hurley are both contributors, (probably over the $25 minimum) they also have their own forum, and their own banner ad. I think a little advertising in their sig is well paid for don't you?
 
Old 04-11-2005, 10:38 PM   #19
Serpwidgets
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownie55
Um. that UK comment might have been directed at Stubby, who actually put together a nice site. He was not in here complaining, and I hope he doesn't. I kinda like him.

Serpwidgets, you on the other hand have more advertising in your sig than I thought possible. I know you are well liked, and I'll probably get slammed for this, but, Pot meet Kettle.
Huh?

The comment was directed at the person who wrote this:
Quote:
and if someone wants to post a site that has some uk snakes on it, or their own collection i hardly think it would have anything to do with taking away from what this site was intended for nor do i think it will make you any richer/poorer if someone has their own website
I don't see how someone in the UK can be said to have "free speech" on private property owned by an American citizen. This doesn't make any sense to me, maybe someone can explain it?

And the reason I have LINKS (not advertisements, the banner I pay for every month is an advertisement) in my signature is because all of last year when I did not do that, people were surprised--8 months after my book was out--to find out that it even existed. I STILL get people who have been on this board for a LONG time acting surprised to find out that I have a book out.

I suppose that linking my genetics tutorial, which I've spent hundreds of dollars to host over the last several years and has never generated a dime, counts as "advertising" too, eh? I guess the "INTJ" page is an advertisement, too. For what I don't know...

But thanks for pointing out that I pay for my advertising here.
 
Old 04-11-2005, 10:55 PM   #20
mbdorfer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
Nope I don't care about the signature areas as long as they aren't populated with graphics.

As for "venom", I think I was rather kind to this person, considering the remarks he made to me. He said he is leaving. I am saying "goodbye".
I was actually impressed with your composure, I don't think I would have been so kind
 

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
General Info threads E. g. guttata Discussions about this site 2 02-16-2005 08:11 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:42 AM.





Fauna Top Sites
 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Page generated in 0.04685402 seconds with 10 queries
Copyright Rich Zuchowski/SerpenCo