CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Getting tired of it...

Old 01-17-2007, 12:05 AM   #51
jazzgeek
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArpeggioAngel
Have I ever told you that I love your sense of humor?
Hey, JOE!!!!! LOOK OVER THERE!!!!! Halley's Comet!!!!!

< ahem > You were saying?

regards,
jazz

Old 01-17-2007, 12:07 AM   #52
Weebonilass
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tula_Montage
Tula, actually that one seemed to remain civil, while some of her other ones did not. But the fuss that I remember seeing circled around the fact that she had what she was told was a male and female in the same tank and they were approaching breeding age.

I've been in snakes for five years, although I only felt the need for companionship from other snake owners when our first snake died and a search brought me here. Like others, I'm still searching old threads and reading all of them... including one the other night that was 49 pages long! That one wiped me out.

I can understand how some of the threads get old for members who have been here years. I mean when you look at a page and see the same question, worded just a little different, three or four or five times on the same page, you wonder why folks just don't read for awhile first.

Thanks to the corruption of the pet-hobbyists on here, like Dean and Lore, I'm finding myself in that camp also. Going out and seeking what I need to start breeding in a few years. I could find myself a breeding age female for my male, but I would prefer to give myself the time to really understand all the in and outs and pitfalls of the breeding business.

It's a lot more than just putting a male and female together and letting the chips fall where they may. I will always be here in one way or another, but I also look for those sites with folks that I can learn from.

Tula, I can relate. I remember getting banned from a yahoo group that I had been on for years, never caused a single problem, because the owner of it joined a list that I was a moderator on and called into question the professionalism of the actual owner of my list. I rebuked her for it and she banned me from her list. Said when I proved to her that I could be nice, she would think about letting me back in her group. I told her what she could do with her group I was a good girl and resisted banning her from my group, but she was put on moderation.

Old 01-17-2007, 12:08 AM   #53
jazzgeek
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyflier
Anyhow...that's just my opinion. But who the heck am I??
A guy who gets the ubiquitous "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to tyflier again."

regards,
jazz

Old 01-17-2007, 12:15 AM   #54
Shroud of Darkness
Elle, grow up.

I give kudos to that other site for doing what this site cannot, making an honest to goodness attempt at keeping out the trouble makers. Which sadly has become the sad part of this forum that's caused the loss of the homey feel I once had.

So what if people talk about you? It's not the end of the world. I don't care if people talk about me when I'm not around. I just hope whatever they say is good. Those people have left this site, what they do and who they talk to about what is their business. Anything else is hear-say and is a moot point. Welcome to humanity, everyone gossips about other people, its what humans do.

You don't have a right to be everywhere you desire, especially when you don't own it. You have no justification to join places only to cause an uproar, to do so is illegal in many locations in fact. The administration of another site preempted any future problems, that's their right to do so.

You have this site, enjoy it. It's yours, spam it with inane posts. Be happy with that. Stop making a mountain out of an ant hill (its not even a mole hill), because that's what it truly is.

The only thing you're actually accomplishing is giving out free advertising fliers to that other forum, considering I've never even heard it mentioned over here before. But thanks for the name and link...I'll go check it out.

Old 01-17-2007, 12:17 AM   #55
Tula_Montage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroud of Darkness

The only thing you're actually accomplishing is giving out free advertising fliers to that other forum, considering I've never even heard it mentioned over here before. But thanks for the name and link...I'll go check it out.

Well yes that is the idea...

Old 01-17-2007, 12:23 AM   #56
desertanimal
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzgeek
As we continue to cite our links for what personally constitutes an "annoying thread", and as we continue to request said links for "proof" of the contention that's been going on as of late, guess what happens?

This thread will morph into an annoying, contentious thread.

By the way, I'm a huge fan of irony.

regards,
jazz

SO FUNNY! Tears, I tell you, tears. I will reply here because I do not bemoan the contentiousness of this forum. Contentiousness doesn't really bother me. I really enjoy a good argument.

But I really don't enjoy repeated arguments about whether it's best or not best to cohabitate. And, like Dean (and many others), I am really tired of the "Howlongaftermysnakeeatsshoulditpoop" threads and the follow-up "HowlongaftermysnakepoopsshouldIfeedit" threads. Everyone was once a newbie. I still consider myself one, really. But some of us newbies didn't repeatedly ask inane questions, and didn't argue with the answers we got if we did. I asked one once, but I sure didn't argue with what more experienced, articulate board members told me. And then I decided to be a little more cautious with my question-asking, so I didn't ask another inane question. Fact of the matter is, some questions are simply dumb. Some people like to say that the only dumb question is the one that isn't asked, but that's not a philosophy I share. My philosophy is: shut your friggin' mouth for a while and listen to what other people have to say and you'll soon find out what is an inane question and what isn't, because some other idiot will have asked the dumb questions for you if you just wait a little while, and then you don't have to look dumb, even though you were at first.

Now this complaint would have been solved by having a moderator who would handle newbie questions and float them to the board only after the questions were checked for inanity (is that a word?). I believe that suggestion was made, and I believe it was rejected. And so now we have a situation where lots of other people were sick and tired of a lot of things (I really don't know what, because I didn't follow it.), but the answer they got was that nothing would change. So they effected change on their own.

Did I miss them when they left? Yeah. Were they elitist a$$holes for leaving and going somewhere else? No. That's their right. It's not elitist any more than it is elitist for me to have a party at my house with all of my anthropology grad. student friends and not invite my next-door neighbors. No one has a right to come into my house without an invitation, and it doesn't make me a bad person not to invite everyone. And it doesn't make me a bad person to set rules and ask people who don't follow them to leave, either. It's my house. If you want no rules, no moderation, go to the playground, or build your own house. If you want to go to someone else's house, you have to play by their rules, and even then, it's their choice whether or not they let you in the door.

I share Joe's sentiment about the pros and cons of this site. There are many pros, but serious conversation isn't among them anymore. And that's fine. I come here every day for mbdorfer's pics and will continue to do so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptBogart
I'm for once finding it hard to write a decent reply. I've already deleted and started over a couple times... This, for me, is a fun site. I don't really get involved in the basic, repetitive, threads anymore because after awhile I figured out that most people hear what they want to hear and are hoping at least someone will agree with their views for self validation. I rather like the photo gallery, and in the Genetics forum I still stumble across old threads with valuable info I didn't know. I've actually found some where a now common morph was "discovered", (quite entertaining reading). If a thread shows lots of replies I have to check it out... like driving slow past an accident out of morbid curiosity. For serious conversation though, I have to go elsewhere, and that's just the facts. I lose interest having to wade through the off topic rants, hijacking, and petty bickering, to the point it's more irritating than helpful. As far as gleaning useful information for a pet keeper, it's time well spent reading repetitive posts...

Old 01-17-2007, 12:25 AM   #57
jazzgeek
Quote:
regards,
jazz

Old 01-17-2007, 12:29 AM   #58
gwb8568
common sense.........

If you like a site, post there..............if one for some reason doesn't "float your boat", leave.

Galen

Old 01-17-2007, 12:31 AM   #59
desertanimal
Quote:
Elle, grow up.

I give kudos to that other site for doing what this site cannot, making an honest to goodness attempt at keeping out the trouble makers. Which sadly has become the sad part of this forum that's caused the loss of the homey feel I once had.

So what if people talk about you? It's not the end of the world. I don't care if people talk about me when I'm not around. I just hope whatever they say is good. Those people have left this site, what they do and who they talk to about what is their business. Anything else is hear-say and is a moot point. Welcome to humanity, everyone gossips about other people, its what humans do.

You don't have a right to be everywhere you desire, especially when you don't own it. You have no justification to join places only to cause an uproar, to do so is illegal in many locations in fact. The administration of another site preempted any future problems, that's their right to do so.

You have this site, enjoy it. It's yours, spam it with inane posts. Be happy with that. Stop making a mountain out of an ant hill (its not even a mole hill), because that's what it truly is.

Sigh. Now I just have to work on being less verbose so that I don't appear repetitive. I really WAS writing my post at the same time, not after, I promise!

Old 01-17-2007, 12:31 AM   #60
Tula_Montage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwb8568
If you like a site, post there..............if one for some reason doesn't "float your boat", leave.

Galen
Simple but true...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google