CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Taken a turn for the worst. I need help/advice..

Old 11-07-2007, 11:00 AM   #41
Tula_Montage
He sure is a fighter. And I will fight for him!

Old 11-07-2007, 11:06 AM   #42
tsst
So sorry to hear he is struggling. It seemed you had him on the right track. Hope it works out for him and you!

Old 11-08-2007, 12:15 AM   #43
Eriathiel
Oh man - I just read through all the posts - I hope he hangs in there! Good luck - I wish you all the best!
Go Widsor Go! You can beat it!

Old 11-08-2007, 03:16 AM   #44
CALIVIK
YAY so glad he is going to make it to the vet. Will he be staying over night? Will be thinking of you guys! Hang in there, hope you get some positive answers today!

Old 11-08-2007, 09:01 AM   #45
Bluebird
oh Elle....I am so sorry he's not doing well...these pics broke my heart...I am hoping and praying that he is one tough little bugger and he pulls through. He's a real beauty, and you did a great job with him...we've all seen it in his progression thread. I really hope he's able to pull through.

Big huggs to you both

Old 11-08-2007, 09:32 AM   #46
4drbeemer
Hello, I dont know you and I'm new to this site been on about a week or so. I saw this posting and I dont know what kind of shape he was in before but I can see this is really tough on you and you have alot of people standing behind you anxiously waiting to hear the news that he is going to make it. I send you my best wishes and it is because of responses like this that make me glad I decided to join CS.com, When I saw the pics of him I got all teary eyed, I hate seeing things like this but we are all behind you and wish you the best.

By the way my name is Eli and I'm from S.C., nice to meet you all.

Old 11-08-2007, 11:10 AM   #47
Tula_Montage
Windsor was euthanised today at 10.40am. The vet agreed that his condition was too far gone and he was unsaveable. The infection has most probably turned viral and theres no cure for viruses in reptiles.

I held him down and the vet just put the injection straight into his heart... I don't think I have ever witnessed anything so traumatic in my life. He went very suddenly. The vet said it was the quickest snake euthanasia hes ever done as he was gone in about 30 seconds, no twitching, not struggling. I know he knew what was happeneing, and I told him I was sorry. I hope he knew that I did everything I could for him.

Bye Windsor. I tried my best :'(

I'm paying extra for a necropsy as I need to know what the virus is and where it came from. He's been in a completely different house from the rest of my boids and a completely different room from the colubrids at my house. I just hope the pervious owner takes the necessary precautions with her collection too.

It's times like this when you realise how important quarantine is and I'm so glad he has not had the oppertunity to come into contact with the rest of my snakes.

Old 11-08-2007, 11:13 AM   #48
Bwana
So sorry Elle. You did your best, which is way better then most of us could do.

Old 11-08-2007, 11:14 AM   #49
4drbeemer
dude I'm a 20 year old male. And I dont tend to get upset alot. but I'm all teary eyed right now. I'm so sorry for your lose and he knows you did everything that you could.

Old 11-08-2007, 11:15 AM   #50
texastailfeathers
I'm so sorry Elle, but I'm very proud of you for taking such wonderful care of him. You're a kind and caring person and Windsor was very fortunate to have been in your hands. *hugs*

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google