CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

A day at the stables

Old 05-16-2008, 05:05 PM   #71
diamondlil
Thanks, Dave, Heather. I'm totally besotted by them!

Old 05-16-2008, 05:06 PM   #72
LadyOhh
I would be too!

Old 05-16-2008, 05:44 PM   #73
Maize411
Talking

So happy to hear Nuts finally had her baby!! and she is gorgous!! I can't believe a brown horse like that might turn out to be gray..I didn't know they could change coat colors as they grow...Man...wish I could have been raised around horses...anyway...Congrats on the new babies! Their all beautiful and their moms are beautys to :0)

Old 05-16-2008, 06:05 PM   #74
diamondlil
Thanks! I'm so lucky to have friends who share their time with me, allowing me to decompress from my job and spend time with the horses. As I don't drive, they collect me and I either stay at Nuts' owner's place or get brought home. Both Cathy and Kim worked hard to get me involved with their ponies, teaching me first of all how to conquer my nerves and feel comfortable around them.
If it wasn't for my friends I would probably never have ridden again unless it was on a sea-side donkey, and certainly wouldn't be re-learning handling and stable-management. I loved being around horses when I was a child, then lost my nerve, so this is something I'd never have experienced again without their help.

Old 05-17-2008, 01:29 PM   #75
alan
Your pictures are really nice, Janine. We were going "awwwwh!".
The third pic of Nuts and her baby would be great if you took out the power lines.

Old 05-17-2008, 01:47 PM   #76
Emanon
I am forced to keep this thread away from my 8 year old... she really REALLY wants a hayburner!!!

They are beautiful!!!

Old 05-19-2008, 06:35 PM   #77
diamondlil
Sad news in a 'phone call this morning, Missy's foal was stillborn. Coincidentally the vet was visiting to scan Megan, confirming her time with the stallion was successful, she's in foal.
The vet checked Missy, she's in good health, and examined the foal. No signs of malformation, or obvious cause of death, confirmed as stillborn. It was a chestnut filly.

Old 05-19-2008, 06:40 PM   #78
LadyOhh
That's awful... I'm so sorry.

Old 05-19-2008, 06:53 PM   #79
Susielea
Oh Janine, I'm so sorry to hear that, it is sad news indeed

Old 05-21-2008, 05:04 PM   #80
strawberry_bunny
that sucks, im sorry for you and the horses mummy/owner

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google