CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Daytona 2009

Old 03-09-2009, 02:03 PM   #1
ArpeggioAngel
Daytona 2009

I know it is really really early to be posting anything about Daytona - but this came up in another thread and I wanted to give everyone a heads up.

If anyone is planning on coming to Daytona and needs any help with flights or hotels - let me know. I work in a travel agency. Can't really get discounts - but I can help you sort through flight and hotel options and prices if you need it.

Also - if enough people were interested and could commit - I might be able to get a discounted block of rooms at a hotel. Usually when doing a room block, a contract is required for "x" amount of rooms and if they are not all used then someone still has to pay for them - which is why I say I would need people to actually be able to commit if we were going to do something like this.

I know in previous years, we have also had a dinner get together at a restaurant called Whistle Junction. This past year, there were so many people who showed up that we weren't all able to sit together and really hang out. There had been talk of finding somewhere else that we could all socialize after the show. If we did something with one of the hotels - I might be able to get some kind of "meeting" room or such for us to use instead of the restaurant.

Just throwing it all out there - discussion/feedback welcome and appreciated!!

Old 03-09-2009, 02:23 PM   #2
RobbiesCornField
If you want me to run around and find a decent restaurant, I can do that! I'll keep my eye out for a few bigger ones that wouldn't mind setting aside a nice room or something for a big group of us.

Old 03-09-2009, 02:31 PM   #3
ArpeggioAngel
Might be a good idea because unless we manage to get a room block somewhere that we could also get a meeting room - any other hotel or facility is going to charge us to use a room. And if we are going to pay for something like that - might as well be for dinner instead.
We need something that we could hold probably at least 40 people (since I think we had around that last year) although bigger would probably be better, and that is reasonably priced and has a varied menu so that everyone can be happy with it. I liked the buffet because everyone could get what they wanted - but I know Rich had mentioned the year he came, that after standing working a table all day, he would prefer somewhere he could sit down and have service instead.

Old 03-09-2009, 02:32 PM   #4
carol
You are such a sweetie to offer help Katie!

And you too Robbie!

Old 03-09-2009, 02:33 PM   #5
ArpeggioAngel
Quote:
Originally Posted by carol View Post
You are such a sweetie to offer help Katie!
Thanks Carol!
I just have so much fun at Daytona - and it is more than just the reptiles. It is getting together with some of the best people I know. So I figure if I can help anyone who wants to join us get here, it is the least I can do!

Old 03-09-2009, 02:36 PM   #6
RobbiesCornField
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArpeggioAngel View Post
Might be a good idea because unless we manage to get a room block somewhere that we could also get a meeting room - any other hotel or facility is going to charge us to use a room. And if we are going to pay for something like that - might as well be for dinner instead.
We need something that we could hold probably at least 40 people (since I think we had around that last year) although bigger would probably be better, and that is reasonably priced and has a varied menu so that everyone can be happy with it. I liked the buffet because everyone could get what they wanted - but I know Rich had mentioned the year he came, that after standing working a table all day, he would prefer somewhere he could sit down and have service instead.
Alrighty! I'll start looking/asking/calling around. If I do that this far in advance, we shouldn't have any problems reserving an "area" for 40. LOL.

Old 03-09-2009, 02:37 PM   #7
Eriathiel
I would be interested in blocking rooms - BUT my boyfriend and possibly his family were planning on coming down to actually vacation before and or after the weekend of the show. If we block do we all have to stay the same days? I would assume that would be the deal.

Old 03-09-2009, 02:43 PM   #8
ArpeggioAngel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriathiel View Post
I would be interested in blocking rooms - BUT my boyfriend and possibly his family were planning on coming down to actually vacation before and or after the weekend of the show. If we block do we all have to stay the same days? I would assume that would be the deal.
Not necessarily - a lot of room blocks you can adjust dates/nights for specific individuals coming in. So if we did 20 rooms for two nights and then if people wanted to come in a few days early or leave a few days later, we could block rooms at the same rates for 5 rooms or whatever for the extra days.

Old 03-09-2009, 02:59 PM   #9
Eriathiel
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArpeggioAngel View Post
Not necessarily - a lot of room blocks you can adjust dates/nights for specific individuals coming in. So if we did 20 rooms for two nights and then if people wanted to come in a few days early or leave a few days later, we could block rooms at the same rates for 5 rooms or whatever for the extra days.
Cool! Well if it's a good deal then I'm certainly willing to think about it - let me know if other people want to join!

Old 03-09-2009, 03:18 PM   #10
animalhouse
Hmmm When is the Daytona Show? I have never been there so yea.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google