CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

How much is a Ball Python???

Old 05-21-2004, 08:18 PM   #1
Pepsi_Coke
How much is a Ball Python???

Hello I might be getting a ball python and I need to know is it just like the same as a corn snake? Bye that i mean like the same hides and humidity? Same lighting in my friend's snake they used a lamp for the top and a bottom heater. I want my snake to have the perfect home and is it a good idea to put two ball pyhons in the same cage or tank or i think it is called a viv right? But any way i know this is not a ball python site but can you help me anyway?

Old 05-21-2004, 11:11 PM   #2
mattsnake
Balls need high humidity, around 80-90%. A young one at most stores would cost you around $80. I would assume that it is best you leave them seperate, not really sure on that though.

Old 05-21-2004, 11:17 PM   #3
mattsnake
some links that might help:

ballpythonguide

ball-python

Old 05-22-2004, 04:08 PM   #4
fateamber
They don't need humidity that high! Maybe in shed, but humidity that high all the time would be very bad for them.

I think 65% humidity, and amaybe a humid hide would be good. I try to keep them at 90 degrees at the warm end. I wouldn't keep two together, they are very easyly stressed.

I LOVE my two, they are one of my favorite kinds of snakes, so sweet!!

Go to www.ssnakess.com go on the forums, then go to the ball python forum, its the best ball python forum I think, I found it very usefull when getting my first.

Old 05-22-2004, 07:14 PM   #5
Alex Dew
I am just like fateamber. When I first got my Ball Python, i found www.ssnakess.com very useful. I dont post on that site as much now though.
I keep my Ball at 60-70% humidity and 90F hot end and 80F cool end during the day. At night I lower the temps to 80F through out the tank. I use a basking bulb at one end of the viv and have a small heat mat in the middle. I have 2 water dishes in the tank to keep the humidy up.
Only keep 1 Ball Python in a viv (unless breeding).
I bought a hatchling Ball Python for $70 from a pet shop, but you can get them off most breeders for about $60.
They are easy snakes to look after, but the only problem is that they can stop eating for upto 10 months. Mine hasn't yet (toutch wood, lol )

Cheers

Alex

Old 05-23-2004, 10:58 PM   #6
Spitfire
At the last fair I went to, I saw some from $30 to $50 but no higher. I guess it's just where you shop.

Old 03-12-2011, 12:57 PM   #7
reeper7823
At pet expos you can get snakes cheeper then at stores . Best way to go then stores. One store i went to sell a normal ball for $109.99 i told them are fn kidden. Iguess i can say the store lol it was monsterpets.

Old 03-12-2011, 01:15 PM   #8
snakewispera snr
Quote:
Originally Posted by reeper7823 View Post
At pet expos you can get snakes cheeper then at stores . Best way to go then stores. One store i went to sell a normal ball for $109.99 i told them are fn kidden. Iguess i can say the store lol it was monsterpets.
I would guess that after 6 or so years they would of bought, grown on and bred by now.....
The dates are in the corners if you hadn't noticed....

Old 03-12-2011, 02:03 PM   #9
reeper7823
nope i didnt see it. i know im a duma$$

Old 03-12-2011, 04:21 PM   #10
snakewispera snr
Quote:
Originally Posted by reeper7823 View Post
nope i didnt see it. i know im a duma$$
LOL.... Don't worry, we have all done it at sometime.... Well I have I know....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google