• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Murphy's Laws of Snake Breeding

You know this is the first time i read this. And it got me thinking a few things. 1-That you won't have a 100 success rate, 2-Getting 2 snakes to mate is hard, 3-I might want to go get my little snake sexed lol.

hi my female snake laid 33 eggs 60 days ago and we managed to hatch 18 of them but the problem i have now is today i found 3 eggs in the tank she shares her viv with 2 other snakes all were sexed and was told all boys do i need to worry about eggs been stuck in her as my snakes are not on the skinny side so cant feel eggs any advice would be appreciated skullsnroses

Yes snakes can become egg-bound and lay eggs later or have complications due to un-laid eggs. They can also double clutch meaning they retained sperm from breeding and can produce more fertile eggs later on. Also co-habitating snakes is highly frowned upon, as you now know one of the reasons why. Sounds like you need to separate them a.s.a.p and maybe do a bit more research on breeding and keeping corns :/

THANKS

hi thank you for your advice she has just laid 25 eggs today and is now also in a separate tank like i said before we took all 3 snakes to vet and was sexed was told all boys so wasn't expecting baby's lol iv read a lot of info of the internet and to be totally honest a lot of it contradicts it self, according to the reptile vet today it was a double clutch she had, plus if i don't ask a question i wont get an answer lol hence me asking you as you seam to know a great deal about snakes and as i said before im not a breeder but have been around snakes all my life :)

hi thank you for your advice she has just laid 25 eggs today and is now also in a separate tank like i said before we took all 3 snakes to vet and was sexed was told all boys so wasn't expecting baby's lol iv read a lot of info of the internet and to be totally honest a lot of it contradicts it self, according to the reptile vet today it was a double clutch she had, plus if i don't ask a question i wont get an answer lol hence me asking you as you seam to know a great deal about snakes and as i said before im not a breeder but have been around snakes all my life :)

You really should start a thread of your own on this topic, you will get more help.
What did the vet mean by double clutch???

she said it was sperm left over from last breeding session i explained she shared her viv with 2 other corns and she said she may have been caught again and to remove her, im not sure how to do a thread so was reading others and yours seamed to have the best advice on it i join this forum for advice yesterday when i saw just 3 eggs but thank you for the advice you have given and offered. katalina

she said it was sperm left over from last breeding session i explained she shared her viv with 2 other corns and she said she may have been caught again and to remove her, im not sure how to do a thread so was reading others and yours seamed to have the best advice on it i join this forum for advice yesterday when i saw just 3 eggs but thank you for the advice you have given and offered. katalina

Click here http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10 and go to start new thread.

ok, so my question then is:

"is there such a thing as a FALSE MALE when a breeder sexed him as a hatchling??"

I didn't ask her if she popped or probed.

Can happen, yes. I think it's a bit less likely to get a false positive on a male, more likely to happen with a "female." But even very experienced breeders will occasionally mis-sex a snake.

hey folks!

Uk calling! hehe

What would you suggest is a good weight/age for a female to be put to a male??

He IS proven male as we've seen his eggs/hatchlings before we bought him!

Thank you ! Sue xxxx

General rule of thumb for female corns is the rule of 3's. 3 years, 3 feet and 300 grams.
Once you are more experienced and can judge an individual corn's fitness to breed better, you can tinker with that a little but that's a good guide for someone not as experienced to follow.

thats great thank you ! you get sooo many different opinions! its good to hear what folks have to say!

Sue xxxx

Yep, I'd agree - go with "The Threes" for your female over your first couple of seasons at least.

Also, make sure that 300g is muscle and not fat. A flabby female with poor muscle tone can have problems laying, even if she's technically the "right" weight.

Also, make sure that 300g is muscle and not fat. A flabby female with poor muscle tone can have problems laying, even if she's technically the "right" weight.

Not a breeding question but how can I help my Rubi build muscle tone?

Back