• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Digesting really quickly!

marieK

Sunny laid eggs 4 weeks ago, she refused food from the first male intro right through to egg laying and dropped down to 165g. I have had her on a 5 day feeding schedule to help her recover but here is the strange thing.... She was never a strike feeder (i've had her for nearly a year) and took 4-5 days to digest and poop. Since she laid she's been striking at her food as soon as its in range and digesting and pooping within 2-3 days. She's put on 40g in 4 weeks! Is this normal? Maybe preparing herself for a double clutch? Should I continue on her 5 day feeds or move back to 7-10?
Marie

My mama snakes are all like that after they lay! I usually move them back up to 7 day feedings after a couple weeks, when they lose that skinny look. Then back to 10 days as they close in on their pre-mating weight. Remember, you don't want to bring her back to her pre-lay weight. I don't really think there's much you can do to encourage or discourage a second clutch. She will lay the second clutch right about the time the first clutch hatches, if she does.

Back