• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Wood viv - light vibration concern

2ndChildhood

So I'm 90% done with two stacking wood vivs, one of which will house my corn, the other my savu python. I have 18" fluorescent light fixtures mounted inside on the ceiling. Both of the light fixtures have a bit of vibration to them, one barely noticable, the other has a bit more buzz. I've put about 10 lbs of weight on the cabinet right above the buzzier one (weightlifting plates) and it's helped, but I can still feel the cabinet floor vibrate. It seems to be the amount of vibration that I can feel from my computer laptop fan when I rest my hands on it to type, if that description helps.

Does anyone else have this problem, and how concerned should I be with eliminating any vibration like this?

yikes is all I can say, I dont have that issue, Ive got LED lights that sit right on the top of the tank.

are they new? maybe you should exchange them for lights with less vibration.. Id be worried about snakes wrapping themselfs around the lights too. mine like to climb, and they often wrap themselfs around anything that they can, including the useless cheap gages that you get from petzoo, and stick on the inside, even though they are placed up high and out of the way.

These are the under-cabinet style lights on the inside because it's a wood viv with a glass front. I looked at LED lights, but thought that they got too hot to the touch. The actual light bulb is behind a plastic/metal enclosure and wired through the top of the wood cabinet, so places for them to perch (the corn is an adult, the savu is slightly smaller)

ah sounds better, and I dont know, the LED lights I got were in a strip, and are expensive, nearly 50 dollars each, Ive felt lights for an hour that night, so I know how you feel, LED puck lights are the ones that get hot, the LED strips didnt, and they were on all day that day I think. (it was at lows)

as for your lights.. I dont know.. Ive never heard of that.. maybe a MOD will know better, I know Susan is around somewhere, and so is Nancy. maybe you should try and get their attention, Im not an expert with snakes, I have them, but no expert and I only know about the basic setups.

Back