CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

My DIY Cornsnake Condo

Old 10-25-2011, 04:39 PM   #11
archaic37
What did you cover the flexwatt with? I did a wood enclosure also with the same pegboard style backing I currently only use a cerramic heater but am looking into flexwatt for heating

Old 10-25-2011, 05:11 PM   #12
abynum1
I covered it with vinyl tile. Got a lot going on with work so haven't had the time to do the doors yet. Hopefully I can get them done by the end of the month.

Old 10-25-2011, 05:15 PM   #13
archaic37
Gorgeous cage I choose the same stain color for mine but I painted the interior of the cage white using exterior paint to resist any moisture and mold. Also for brightness of the cage and I flipped the pegboard around so it showed white instead of the brown backing.

Swinging or sliding doors by the way?

Old 10-25-2011, 05:18 PM   #14
abynum1
I'm gonna do hinged swinging doors that are framed so the plexiglass doesn't have to be so thick.

Old 10-25-2011, 05:21 PM   #15
archaic37
I did the same thing i took 1/2" strips on both sides of the plexiglass for support and used a gate bolt lock on both sides. Mine was not a tower like yours it was just a single cage that had plexiglass on the left and right sides but no where near as good as construction as yours I learned from my mistakes.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Custom-Reptile-Cage/

Old 10-25-2011, 05:22 PM   #16
archaic37
It didn't help I only had a circular saw I really needed a table saw

Old 10-25-2011, 05:51 PM   #17
abynum1
I like it! Yes, it helps if you know someone that owns a shop full of wood working tools for sure! I got lucky on that.

Old 10-25-2011, 06:03 PM   #18
archaic37
I will definitely try to find someone with a shop next time or do a condo like yours

Old 10-25-2011, 06:11 PM   #19
schnebbles
Awesome, the hole plywood is a good idea too! I know it has a name but don't remember it!

ETA: duh! pegboard

Old 10-25-2011, 06:15 PM   #20
abynum1
Quote:
Originally Posted by schnebbles View Post
Awesome, the hole plywood is a good idea too! I know it has a name but don't remember it!
Thank you, and it's called pegboard

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google