CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

wheat bran for snakes?

Old 03-02-2006, 05:18 PM   #1
cornsnakekid92
wheat bran for snakes?

i just got some lizards and i got a 50 pound bag of wheat bran, i like it and it seems that it would be fine for snakes, do any of you guys know anything wrong with it?, it is cheap too a bag that is about equal to 4-6 cubic feet of aspen is only 6.99, even thought it is poultry feed that is what i call a deal!

Old 03-02-2006, 05:30 PM   #2
Bobo's Mama
I don't know.... I've heard it can grow mold pretty fast because it is like food. You know how bread gets mold on it. You would have to be REALLY careful about spot cleaning to avoid mold growth. As well as not spill any water because the same thing would happen. That's just my take on it. I'd do some more research if I were you.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google