CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

My First DIY..A Few Questions

Old 03-03-2009, 04:37 PM   #11
admitchell08
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierHerper View Post
"Back heat" is best used when the ambient temp in the room is CONSTANTLY the same. I would use belly heat Just when you add each strip to each shelf, I would cover it will aluminum tape...help hold it down as the tubs slide over it...you should be golden.
Can you get the tape at a hardware store or is it only available with the flexwatt? I was originally going to purchase it but it was $19 plus shipping for a single roll, so I didn't know if I should check to see if I couldn't get it elsewhere for cheaper.

Old 03-03-2009, 04:49 PM   #12
HoosierHerper
I have found that local stores seem to have "heat cords" or whatever, they are made to wrap around water pipes in the winter, and have seen some people use them, but I would just order the flexwatt. I imagine after shipping it's about the same price if not cheaper. What site are finding the flexwatt on btw? I need to bookmark it

And about the tubs/strips of heat...I just glanced at that pic in the link and thought you were doing more than one tub per shelf...I understand now...just know you could take one or two shelves, flexwatt them, and setup up atleast a few smaller tubs...I KNOW you are going to be posting some more "look at my new snake" threads soon

-Josh

Old 03-03-2009, 04:57 PM   #13
admitchell08
Quote:
I KNOW you are going to be posting some more "look at my new snake" threads soon

-Josh
I actually just ordered 4 snakes from SMR and will be getting them on the 17th! That's why I need to start building my rack!

Also, I meant about finding the aluminum tape at the hardware store, not the flexwatt!

The Bean Farm is where I plan on getting my flexwatt. Just a random question..if I bought it and had it shipped by UPS ground, how long do you think it would take? I can't decide if I should have it shipped to my dorm, or to my house. I would rather it get shipped to my dorm, but I am not sure if it will take a long time and I don't want to risk not getting it before I head home for spring break.

Old 03-03-2009, 05:04 PM   #14
HoosierHerper
Eh...up to you, but I would ship it home...that way even if it comes before you get there, it'll be waiting on you...the thing w/UPS ground is that they will give you estimated date of arrival, but depending on conditions (weather, roads, driver gets arrested for DUI...whatever ) it could take a few days longer...

You can DEFINITELY get aluminum tape at local places...I would almost venture to say that Walmart has it, but not 100% sure.

Congrats on the 4 new ones on the way!!! What'd you order? Just wondering

-Josh (On my way to Beanfarm's website )

Old 03-03-2009, 05:09 PM   #15
admitchell08
Ok cool.
I ordered:
female striped motley butter
male bloodred het caramel, poss het lavender, amel, anery, hypo
female bloodred het stripe and amel, poss het hypo and anery
male striped amel het caramel

I'm so excited. And Don truly is a pleasure to work with. He answered all of my questions and made sure I knew everything I needed to know. We literally sent about 43 emails back and forth with my questions and his answers.
I would highly recommend him for your next snake purchase.

Old 03-03-2009, 05:15 PM   #16
HoosierHerper
Awesome...on my way to check that out
Now I am going to have plans of racks running through my head all week!

Old 03-03-2009, 05:17 PM   #17
Eli173
I got my tape at Walmart, it shouldn't be hard for you to find.
Congrats on your new corns! Don is well loved in the reptile world.

Old 03-03-2009, 05:21 PM   #18
admitchell08
Quote:
Awesome...on my way to check that out
Now I am going to have plans of racks running through my head all week!
Yeah that's how I've been since this weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli173 View Post
I got my tape at Walmart, it shouldn't be hard for you to find.
Ok cool I will check walmart next time I'm there.

Quote:
Congrats on your new corns! Don is well loved in the reptile world.
Thanks! A few years ago I stumbled across his site before I had even considered owning a corn, it was just out of pure curiosity that I ended up there. Little did I know that a few years later I would end up ordering from him!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google