• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

"Terrible Two's"

leia

When I went to buy my snake at the pet store (8-9 months ago), the girl who sold him to me mentioned that corns get "terrible two's".

I've never heard of this before (or seen my snake being a bad boy), does anyone know what she was talking about?
She said they act like cobras, but never specified what she meant by that.

The only thing that my snake does that is at all cobra-like is when he climbs against the glass and looks like he is dancing with his reflection. I wouldn't concider that a bad thing at all, it's very nice to watch.

I had just remembered that and at the time, and was seeing if there was anything to that.

rachel132002 said:
There's no reason a corn should behave like this unless it's stressed and hasn't been handled regualrly imo!

Rach

The "dancing" against the glass (probably with the reflection), or the "cobra-like" behavior?

Because I definetly handle my snake often enough, and he has no reson to be stressed that I can think of.

She could mean that a 2 year old male will come into season and start behaving very strangely always trying to get out to look for a mate. this happened to mine last year and it took him about 2 months to calm down. Its just started again this year.

Back