• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

snake is a magicien

You people and your crazy ornamental hides! Here's the model I use. The snakes like it.

LOL.

I know, I know, I gotta have everything in Flash's home nice, neat and pretty looking. But I guess that log won't be so pretty anymore after I saw off the end just like Nanci did. Looks like that's what is going to happen tomorrow night. I was planning on getting Flash out tonight to handle him but he's STILL up in that doggone log!!! GRRRRRR. It's bad enough that I haven't seen him for two days and now I can't even get him out to handle him! I oughta just saw off the log now, only I can't cause hubby isn't home and I don't know where any saws are offhand.

Even after I sawed it off, he could still wedge himself into some little cranny. I had to saw off more! Right after the first hiding incident, Jasper regurged, so I needed to be able to access him at my will for medication. After the second time I drove him out by waterboarding him, enough was enough. The limb had a second amputation. Now he uses normal hides, or sleeps in his vines.

Even after I sawed it off, he could still wedge himself into some little cranny. I had to saw off more! Right after the first hiding incident, Jasper regurged, so I needed to be able to access him at my will for medication. After the second time I drove him out by waterboarding him, enough was enough. The limb had a second amputation. Now he uses normal hides, or sleeps in his vines.

Heh, yep, that's exactly what I just did. Hubby isn't home and even when I called him to ask if he knew where a saw was that I could use, he said he didn't know of any saw I could use without coming home to look. Sooo.... the entire log hide went into a sink full of cold water. Sure didn't take him log to swim out! And needless to say, he no longer has a log hide in his viv. I'm not sure now whether I still want to saw it or not, saw it and put it back in or just save it til he gets bigger and can't fit up there anymore and in the meantime buy a different hide, or not... Not like I really need it, I've got enough hides for him. But... I'm one of those people who likes to put lots of stuff in the viv, hehe.

But yeah, I can't have that, I can't have my baby, my pride and joy, hiding totally out of sight 24/7 and totally inaccessible at that.

And it just occurred to me that we totally hijacked this thread. Ooops. :toiletgra

Thank you nanci and wylie
The snake was up in there and I can finaly go to bed
You guys are awsome
Thanks a million

Why would you want to get the snake out? If it can get in, it can get out. Cornsnakes are natural hiders, thats what they do,hide. If you want a snake to observe, you should of got Morelia.
MIKE

The reason you want to get the snake out is you think your baby escaped, but that's impossible, he's in a Critter Cage with a locking lid, but youve torn the dang viv apart a thousand times, and woke up in the middle of the night an dchecked for him, and you can't find him, so, even though you know he _could_ be up in the tree, you have to know for sure. It's your baby!! He's your favorite! You can't imagine how you are going to tell the breeder that you've lost him!

Attachments

• Jasper Hides 001_800.jpg
    Jasper Hides 001_800.jpg
    267.8 KB · Views: 47
Here's a pic looking up through the holes. They are nearly impossible to see.

Attachments

• Jasper Hides 003.jpg
    Jasper Hides 003.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 56
Mike, I cannot describe the stress of not knowing where a baby is. I could barely go to sleep, kept waking up to check, finally had this idea of just sawing the branch off- then I would know one way or the other, I had nightmares, and I woke up about 6:30 AM Saturday and did the operation. I know- a better person would have just waited him out.

Glad you found your bad snakelet and all is well!

Attachments

• ITHOTITOLDU128434251919958845.jpg
    ITHOTITOLDU128434251919958845.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 56
I have secure vivs. Unless it's human error there is no way that the snake cannot be in the viv. Yes I did have a scare many years ago, and it taught me a lesson.
If your going to have complicated hides you can expect them to get right in there.
J9 came up with the best idea for hides I heard in a long time. Wish I thought of it...LOL
The cardboard out of the center of rolls of carpet, brilliant..
MIKE

Thank you nanci and wylie
The snake was up in there and I can finaly go to bed
You guys are awsome
Thanks a million

See, told ya there was a hole/tunnel/crevice whatever you want to call it, up there, hehe. Anyway, you're quite welcome, that's what we're here for. I might not have known either if it wasn't for Nanci's warning when she saw I had the same log hide that she did.

So now I will be able to get Flash out to feed him today, no more log hide in his viv until the end is sawed off! So now he's hanging out in a new hide I put in there, an empty glasses case, hehe.

I feel much better now knowing where he is and being able to see him if I look in there close enough. After finding my first snake dead one day, I am just not comfortable not being able to observe my snake.

Yah I sawed it off around 2 or 3am as soon as I saw it come out it was like ok now ur never hidding in there ever ever again. We had the whole appartment taped up so it wouldn't escape in the building and the appartment looks like when we moved in boxes of everything everywhere lol. Thanks again

Jasper wants the other babies to know he's sorry I'm ruining everyone's fun...

Attachments

• PERFIKHIDINSPO128434180164333845.jpg
    PERFIKHIDINSPO128434180164333845.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 47
Oh btw here my snake
IMG_0164.jpg

It's called Diablo

Back