CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Picking which end to eat first

Old 02-18-2008, 02:15 PM   #11
Lokheed
I didn't read it on the internet. It was discussed in one of my first year psych classes.

Old 02-18-2008, 02:20 PM   #12
diamondlil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokheed View Post
I didn't read it on the internet. It was discussed in one of my first year psych classes.
Discussed and backed up how? I've still got my Psychology degree course books, plus quite a collection of anatomy and physiology books, so I'll have to see if I can find anything to agree with your assertion. I just did a quick search and couldnt find anything on-line at all.
I'm not trying to give you a hard time, I'm just surprised by your claim.

Old 02-18-2008, 02:31 PM   #13
Lokheed
I found this online: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/c...TRY=1&SRETRY=0

"... weighing about 300 g, were killed by cervical dislocation; the ejaculate, released during the contractions accompanying the animal’s death ..."

Unfortunately I can't get the article and I won't buy into it till I read their methodology section. I found other anecdotal evidence for humans that says "sometimes." Next time I run into him, I will ask him for evidence. He is a powerful researcher that has evidence for everything he has ever said in class and has produced empirical evidence anytime I have questioned him, so I am sure he will back up (or clarify) what he said.

No worries. I am not into sticking my head in the sand and believing that everything I know is true. I want to know the REAL truth and if that means I am wrong, or my previous beliefs are, then so be it

As Nietzsche once wrote: "Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies."

Old 02-18-2008, 02:48 PM   #14
Roy Munson
In medical terms, "ejaculate" (noun) can be generic for anything ejected from a living body. It's not limited to semen, although the specific definition is to eject semen in orgasm.

http://medical.merriam-webster.com/medical/ejaculate

Old 02-18-2008, 06:38 PM   #15
diamondlil
I know what you mean, Dean, but I thought that Lokheed was specifically referring to ejaculation of semen at the moment of death. I honestly haven't ever seen evidence or heard of it as an anecdote duing cardiac arrest, which is why I asked where his info came from. Other body fluids, yes, but not that one.

Old 02-18-2008, 06:50 PM   #16
Roy Munson
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlil View Post
I know what you mean, Dean, but I thought that Lokheed was specifically referring to ejaculation of semen at the moment of death. I honestly haven't ever seen evidence or heard of it as an anecdote duing cardiac arrest, which is why I asked where his info came from. Other body fluids, yes, but not that one.
Maybe he was referring specifically to that. I was just hoping to clarify the usage in case he, or anyone else, may have misinterpreted something they'd read or heard.

Old 02-18-2008, 06:54 PM   #17
diamondlil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokheed View Post
Basically your body thinks, "why not?" Its got nothing to lose at this point It has nothing to do with sexual arousal.
This is the quote that made me think he didn't mean other fluids. But if he only heard it in a lecture, pehaps it was meant in the wider sense after all.

Old 02-18-2008, 08:07 PM   #18
Lokheed
Quote:
I know what you mean, Dean, but I thought that Lokheed was specifically referring to ejaculation of semen at the moment of death.
Yep, referring solely to semen. It was widely known that people defecate upon death.

Old 02-18-2008, 08:10 PM   #19
Lokheed
Quote:
This is the quote that made me think he didn't mean other fluids. But if he only heard it in a lecture, pehaps it was meant in the wider sense after all.
Nope, not meant in the wider sense of it all. My prof was strictly referring to semen being ejaculated by the male. The only thing I can think of is that he wasn't referring to humans or was referring to one specific species, but that seems unlikely. Again, I'll ask him next time I see him. For now, people can take how they want I suppose

Old 02-19-2008, 04:47 PM   #20
wade
I have had near death experiences on three occasions. Car accident, mountain climbing accident, and ATV accident. (I'm not clumsy, I just play hard) During each of those times, there have been all kinds of things go through my mind. I have to admit however, ejaculation has not been very high on the list. Maybe it's cause I have never gone all the way. (to death I mean)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google