• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Fluffy is having a preshed soak.

I'm going to talk to my dad and find where he found Fluffy at after he escaped 3 days before died. I know he found him in the bathroom closet but maybe he could have got into a chemical??? There is bleach in that closet along with swiffers and soap. I will call him and ask him real quick. Be Right Back

o_O

Because, you are mean. And kill snakes..>> No...

Because it didn't seem like you cared for the snakes...

I mean, how can three snakes die in like 2 weeks? It must be the owner....And why didn't you get a new snake from a different snake seller person, if the other ones have died??
Pretty sure I didn't make a point... :shrugs:

Its not what you have said, it took you so long to notice it, you kept lying and deceiving and trying to dig your way out of trouble, you were using more than 1 screen name and have posted dumb things that just make you come off as the “bad” guy

Mangrove said:
you were using more than 1 screen name

I you don't mind me asking when was the last time I posted on Jake The Snake??? Wasn't today, Wasn't yesterday, the day before, the day before, the day before, the day before, the day before, the day before, the day before, the day before, the day before, the day before, or not even the day before this.

I got the house snake from a local breeder. I got the blood from Husker Exotics and he died and I had fluffy in the same room as the blood. I have yet to buy or even look at the classifieds since this happened. I am not going to expand til I have this all sorted out.

I just asked him. He found fluffy in a scrub bucket with a toilet brush in it. The tub was on the floor and the bleach was on the floor too. The swiffers and the cleaning fluid for the water vacume and the windex were all down there.

Wait wait wait

And you want to “sew” the owner who sold you this snake hum poisonous chemical… I WONDER WHAT COULD HAVE KILLED HIM??????????????? Oh how I ponder… yeah you have a real case against the store owner with this one….Why don’t you tell how your other 2 dies no lawsuit there either :grin01:

This whole thread is really ridiculous... Can't all of you just give him some stern advice without having to catch him out and make a mockery of him?
I think Standard is the only person with brains on this thread, maybe all of you should use your knowledge of corn snakes to help others and prevent deaths like these.
Can you all stop your flaming now?

reptile_addict said:
I AM ****ING PISSED OFF!!!! I AM DONE WITH THIS ONE PET STORE. EVERY ANIMAL I GET FROM THERE HAS PROBLEMS. FLUFFY IS NOW DEAD AND I AM GETTING A PARASITE TEST THING DONE ON HIM. I just got rid of all my old cages and got new cages, stuff, and moved them to another roon. I am almost positive he died from parasites and I am taking all my reptiles to the vet for fecal tests and examinations. Should I be worried about the bird which was in the same room or the dogs which were in the room all the time. I need some help. I am getting another corn when this is all settled from lizard king because they have a guarentee on the animals. I am so heart broken. Can I sew if the animals died from parasites? I still have the frozen blood and it may still have parasites

Mangrove said:
And you want to “sew” the owner who sold you this snake hum poisonous chemical… I WONDER WHAT COULD HAVE KILLED HIM??????????????? Oh how I ponder… yeah you have a real case against the store owner with this one….Why don’t you tell how your other 2 dies no lawsuit there either :grin01:

And did I say I am going to sew? Did I say he died because of parasites? No to both. I think I am doing the right thing. Just read the quote and tell me whats wrong with that.

Itsnowingcorns said:
This whole thread is really ridiculous... Can't all of you just give him some stern advice without having to catch him out and make a mockery of him?
I think Standard is the only person with brains on this thread, maybe all of you should use your knowledge of corn snakes to help others and prevent deaths like these.

Thanks, Finally some one sticks up for me

reptile_addict said:
Just reading through this. Based on what facts makes you think I can't care for a corn properly. I told my temps, my housing, and my feeding. What evidence makes me a snake killer??? What makes you believe that this corn died because of me.

It just seems that you ask so many questions and then don't take advice and keep getting more pets. Whether or not your first corn died because of you or not you should have found out why it died BEFORE getting another corn. The same with the second one. The fact that you didn't find out could have been why your other snakes died.

Oh, you also said in this thread:
reptile_addict said:
have been thawing about 6 to 8 pinks/fuzzies for the pacman and tegu alone. I can't wait til I get the leos on pinks.
Leo's do best on a diet of insects, not a staple of pinks. Pinks are best given to supplement leos that need calcium badly or to breeding females (who need the extra calcium). Then again maybe your Leos have MBD and need the calcium. :shrugs:

As for the fact that you don't care for a corn properly...let's look here:
I want to make a deli cup rack thing. How do you heat these things? I seen them at the lizard king some time ago and want to make one now.
How were you planning on getting water to these snakes? Or were you talking about a display piece for deli cups and you just don't know how to articulate what you were talking about? Then again if it were display you shouldn't need to heat it.

I'm not trying to put you down but I think that you have been showing some serious immaturity - even for a 14 year old. My sister (down there in age close to you) wouldn't think of acting like that. It's called respect and common sense. I don't pretend to know everything about caring for corns and I doubt that I ever will. It seems that you jump the gun on many different things and are quick to yell/defend yourself. I think that this thread is amusing and entertaining but it could end rather quickly if the parties agreed on it. Unfortunately it's hard to build back a reputation once it's tarnished. My suggestions would be to post pics like everyone has been asking (yes, you need to borrow a camera I believe - when you get the chance), look at your husbandry and say where could I have done better (which should help keep it positive), and don't attack people right off the bat that are trying to help. If you have a problem with the way something was stated say that, and explain why. Nicely. People skills are always a good thing to have. I think I'm done for now. Most likely you'll attack me for something in here but just think about some of the things I said.

~Katie

Itsnowingcorns said:

In the early stages of this thread, we did try. It obviously didn't work because he has yet to admit he needs to re-evaluate his husbandry methods. Go back to the page right before this where he quotes me and asks something along the lines of "What makes you think I can't care for snakes properly?" The answer to that is the basis of this whole thread...

I can't speak for everyone, but I don't think RA can care for corns (or snakes in general) properly because three died in 2 weeks, and who knows how many before that. Of these 3 most recent ones, they were all husbandry related problems.

Snake 1: Drowned in a water bowl that had a lid on it because the hole wasn't in the right place to allow the snake to get out. From the sounds of it, he didn't have the bowl set up properly for keeping a lid on it because he hasn't said anything about having overflow holes in the side (which were described by somebody else near the beginning of this thread)

Snake 2: It was a house snake. If I remember right, he posted something like "does anybody know how to care for house snakes? I'm getting one tomorrow and I want to breed them." No research apparently. He also apparently didn't have its viv set up when he got it because he kept it in a small enclosure which he then put inside a viv for another snake. Somehow, that snake got out into the bigger enclosure or the other one got in, because the house snake got eaten. That's just irresponsibility on his part.

Snake 3: Died while soaking...which means that something wasn't right anyway. Maybe it had mites, maybe the humidity was low, who knows...but if you read the second post on this thread, you'll see that other people questioned why it would be soaking in the first place. But with that aside, there's also this new revelation about maybe it got into some chemicals. It would've really had to get in them (like, inhaled or otherwise ingested them) for it to have any effect. It's not like this was an amphibian that relies on cutaneous respiration and the chemicals just infiltrated the body that way. But maybe it didn't die from exposure to chemicals, we don't know that yet. But what this DOES tell me is that, again, his husbandry methods were not up to par because the snake was able to escape in the first place.

So, Rep_Addict, this is why I don't believe you can care for snakes properly. Do what you want with yours (and you obviously do), but I will have to be very hard-pressed for help to take any advice from you for a very, very long time. I didn't have a problem with you until you started lying at every possible turn. Regardless of when you posted with JakeTheSnake last, you were still involved with lies then because you were having to use a second name. You said you lost your password for one of them, but you still managed to use both names.

If you care for your snakes as much as you say you do, you'll take our advice instead of just arguing for the sake of posting something. I don't know how you could even say a thing like this:

Just reading through this. Based on what facts makes you think I can't care for a corn properly. I told my temps, my housing, and my feeding. What evidence makes me a snake killer??? What makes you believe that this corn died because of me.​

There is also a reason why I don't think you can take care of other snakes besides corns. You can't care for corns (aka "Beginner snakes") properly, so I very seriously doubt you're any better at caring for the more advanced species.

TrpnBils said:
In the early stages of this thread, we did try. It obviously didn't work because he has yet to admit he needs to re-evaluate his husbandry methods. Go back to the page right before this where he quotes me and asks something along the lines of "What makes you think I can't care for snakes properly?" The answer to that is the basis of this whole thread...

I can't speak for everyone, but I don't think RA can care for corns (or snakes in general) properly because three died in 2 weeks, and who knows how many before that. Of these 3 most recent ones, they were all husbandry related problems.

Snake 2: It was a house snake. If I remember right, he posted something like "does anybody know how to care for house snakes? I'm getting one tomorrow and I want to breed them." No research apparently. He also apparently didn't have its viv set up when he got it because he kept it in a small enclosure which he then put inside a viv for another snake. Somehow, that snake got out into the bigger enclosure or the other one got in, because the house snake got eaten. That's just irresponsibility on his part.

Snake 3: Died while soaking...which means that something wasn't right anyway. Maybe it had mites, maybe the humidity was low, who knows...but if you read the second post on this thread, you'll see that other people questioned why it would be soaking in the first place. But with that aside, there's also this new revelation about maybe it got into some chemicals. It would've really had to get in them (like, inhaled or otherwise ingested them) for it to have any effect. It's not like this was an amphibian that relies on cutaneous respiration and the chemicals just infiltrated the body that way. But maybe it didn't die from exposure to chemicals, we don't know that yet. But what this DOES tell me is that, again, his husbandry methods were not up to par because the snake was able to escape in the first place.

Ok snake 2, Where did I say I need care info?
LOOKY LOOKY HERE!!!!
It didn't ask how do I care for house snakes.

Please check and see how many people have had a snake escape. From what I know a lot have

I won't bother posting a link to the thread, because you just did.

You don't come right out and say it like I thought I remembered, so I was wrong in that respect. But the questions you asked tell me that you didn't do much research before you got the snake. If you had, you would've known about their needs and would've been able to determine yourself if they were similar to corns. Also, when that snake got eaten, that shows me that you weren't physically ready with the setup before you bought it.

(also, please take note of what I did. I was wrong, and I admitted it like a big boy)

Also, I know a fair amount of people have had snakes escape, and I am pretty certain that they would admit they screwed up. They also don't keep those snakes in a place where if they do get out, they're in danger of being eaten by another snake...

reptile_addict said:
And did I say I am going to sew? Did I say he died because of parasites? No to both.

You did bring up both topics in this post:

reptile_addict said:
FLUFFY IS NOW DEAD AND I AM GETTING A PARASITE TEST THING DONE ON HIM. I just got rid of all my old cages and got new cages, stuff, and moved them to another roon. I am almost positive he died from parasites and I am taking all my reptiles to the vet for fecal tests and examinations.

reptile_addict said:
Can I sew if the animals died from parasites?

At no point did you mention that the snake escaped or got into chemicals, as a matter of fact you said he was in his cage acting abnormally a mere two hours and a half hours before he died. What prompted you to disclose this small detail now?

Back