CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Monsun Feeding Chart

Old 09-11-2015, 09:44 PM   #1
Twice
Monsun Feeding Chart

I put my little Sasha (15.3g) on the Monsun Feeding Chart and at the rate she has been holding on to her weight she should reach the next category within a week and a half or so. My question is, when it says 2 feeders at 3-4g does that mean each pinkie has to be 3-4g EACH or feed her 2 pinkies that will add up to 3-4g TOTAL? I am asking this because as I have gone through my pinkies I find it harder and harder to find anything over 2.3g. I want to know if I can feed her 2 small ones with a total weight within the range of 3-4g or if I should start looking to buy bigger pinkies.

I understand not to follow this religiously, and I am using it more so as a guideline. Thank you !

Old 09-11-2015, 11:15 PM   #2
Myca
When I get to that size, I give two pinkies that weigh 3 to 4 grams each. A total of 7 to 8 grams in that feeding.

Old 09-12-2015, 03:30 AM   #3
mishima25
7-8 gr would be around fuzzy size, which I think is quite a lot for a 15g baby, it will probably look stuffed (but also they vary a lot).
At that weight I fed 2 usual pinkies (about 2-3gr each), like the ones you have probably been feeding, which means 3-4g is the total weight.
You can also try peach fuzzies if they are small enough to fit that weight.

Old 09-12-2015, 12:31 PM   #4
MysticExotics
It should be total weight.
When I bump my babies up to 2 pinkies, I use small or day old, depending on what I have available.

Old 09-12-2015, 11:15 PM   #5
Myca
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishima25 View Post
7-8 gr would be around fuzzy size, which I think is quite a lot for a 15g baby, it will probably look stuffed (but also they vary a lot).
At that weight I fed 2 usual pinkies (about 2-3gr each), like the ones you have probably been feeding, which means 3-4g is the total weight.
You can also try peach fuzzies if they are small enough to fit that weight.
Not 15gms. That size is more like 16 to 20 gms. Start the weight at the lower end. You look at your food source and at your snake.

Old 09-13-2015, 04:19 AM   #6
mishima25
That's what I meant. 2 pinkies of 4 gr each (totalling 7-8gr) would probably be too much for that baby. Thus, feed smaller pinkies until the snake is a bit bigger.

Old 09-13-2015, 10:27 AM   #7
Myca
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishima25 View Post
That's what I meant. 2 pinkies of 4 gr each (totalling 7-8gr) would probably be too much for that baby. Thus, feed smaller pinkies until the snake is a bit bigger.
Yes exactly. I was stumped over this at first too. Feeding in general was a little more difficult, I had never had a snake and the mice didn't look right in size.
The Munson plan really made it much easier. If I felt a mouse was too large for my snake, I dropped down the size until I felt comfortable with it. Now I pretty much follow the plan. My one exception is a poor feeder who will regurg on occasion if I give him a mouse that weighs what he is supposed to have. So he always gets the next size down and I feed him every five or six days.

Old 09-13-2015, 03:22 PM   #8
mishima25
I'm also a first snake owner and was totally lost until I found the modified version of the Munson. Really helps a lot with your 1st.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google