CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Problems with mouse supplier?

Old 10-13-2015, 04:37 PM   #1
Anemicshoe
Problems with mouse supplier?

Hey guys, I buy my mice f/t in bulk from a guy around locally.

Im on my second bulk pickup from him (50 hopper mice) & I am finding there is a significant amount of undersized mice in here. Some of these hoppers are no bigger than a large pinky though they have fur. I don't mind occasionally when one is larger than average obviously but a significant amount are small.
This leads me to feeding 2x mice per feeding in order to fill up my snakes, I will need to buy again much sooner than expected.

Obviously I am not an expert at mice farming, should I even mention to this guy that he might need to do some quality control with his batches? Or is this not something possible and sometimes the sizes vary wildly?

Cause I pay per mouse obviously and I am paying hopper price for these pinky sized mice.

The guy is nice, he'd chat your ear off in a second but I am quite shy and I don't like to bring up an issue if its not legitimate.

Any thoughts?

Old 10-13-2015, 04:44 PM   #2
hypnoctopus
I think it would be fine to contact him and politely let him know of your concerns. What solution would you be hoping for? If things don't go well (or if they do!) you can always post a review of him on the BOI over at faunaclassifieds.com.

Old 10-13-2015, 06:19 PM   #3
Anemicshoe
@hypnoctopus

Mostly i'd just like to get the size of mice I pay for, im not a petty person so I won't fuss too much about this past bag. So long as the future ones had a better average size of mice.
Plus it is a lot easier to get mice from this guy than to pick up bulk at an expo, my options are limited so i'd like to keep good relations with him.

Old 10-13-2015, 06:34 PM   #4
Dragonling
I suppose shipping to Toronto from the States could be prohibitively expensive, depending on how large your mouse orders are. I really like Layne Labs, though currently it's not the most cost effective for me. They seem to be pretty good about sizing.

Old 10-14-2015, 09:51 PM   #5
kdickens
Smile

My only experience with online mouse purchases was with PerfectPrey.com
They were quick, and everything arrived frozen like a brick! Not sure about Canadian shipping though.

Old 10-15-2015, 01:35 PM   #6
MysticExotics
Mistakes do happen. I would contact him and let him know about the size mixup.
I have been using Layne Labs for years, and there have been a couple occasions where there was a mixup. Once was I had some smaller than they were supposed to be, like yours, and once was that there was some short in my order (yes, I do count them when I get them).
I contacted Layne Labs and they made up for it in my next order.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google