CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > All "Others" Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

All "Others" Photo Gallery It was suggested to me that a photo gallery for the other critters and interests might be useful to the membership. So here you go, Walt. :)

"Rusty" black rat snake

Old 10-24-2018, 02:29 PM   #1
chris68
"Rusty" black rat snake

When two Rusty's are bred together the resulting clutch can contain normals, rusty's and leucistic black rats

Old 10-24-2018, 05:26 PM   #2
Rich Z
I remember Larry Rouch used to work with them many years ago. From what I recall, the original stock came from the Loch Raven area in Maryland.

Old 10-24-2018, 08:31 PM   #3
chris68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
I remember Larry Rouch used to work with them many years ago. From what I recall, the original stock came from the Loch Raven area in Maryland.
Yep. Licorice's are also from MD, the original one was caught right near Winters Run.

Old 10-24-2018, 11:28 PM   #4
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris68 View Post
Yep. Licorice's are also from MD, the original one was caught right near Winters Run.
Yeah. George Miskimon originally produced them in numbers. Not sure where, who, or how he actually got the founding stock from, however.

Old 10-24-2018, 11:59 PM   #5
chris68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Yeah. George Miskimon originally produced them in numbers. Not sure where, who, or how he actually got the founding stock from, however.
I talked to Mr George back in August. My amel black rats are his "Sunset" line, so I wanted to hear their story, as well as the Licorice history. The original Licorice was caught by a young kid "as it crossed Winter's Run". It ended up in George's hands via a friend, and he thought at first it was a male. Within a few years he had raised up het's to breed to each other and back to the original, the rest is history

Old 10-25-2018, 12:51 PM   #6
Rich Z
Thanks for filling in some blanks on the history of the Licorice line.

Glad to hear George is still kicking. Been a LONG time since I've been up that way and seen him. Heck, matter of fact, it was at the last Mid-Atlantic show we attended maybe 10 or 11 years ago.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google