CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Calling All Lurkers

Old 06-19-2019, 10:25 AM   #81
JustinOfCO
I'm a major newcomer to the forums (and the hobby in general) but I can't stress how invaluable this place has been so far. Every time I think of a question that I don't believe I can find the answer to, I run a couple of searches here and find it answered. I thought I was going to post more, and I'm sure I will once I have a snake (there will be photo-spam!). But for now it is the first place I go for answers to questions that the books and general care sheets don't have.

Y'all are great!

Old 06-19-2019, 11:46 AM   #82
Seriva Senkalora
This forum is a really huge database of knowlegde about nearly any possible aspect in keeping corns. I love reading in the the old threads sometimes.

We have the same problems with more and more users becoming inactive in our german forum, too.

Even with the forums being a better database than facebook, people seem to prefer the chaotic social media groups. (But honestly even those show a significant lack of new content.) Maybe it's just everything being said and new users can use this big database to answer their questions instead of creating new topics...

Even with threads full of pictures there nothing more to discuss - and it's way easier to give a pic a "like" instead of answering via forum post... Yes, it's a shame, but I totally understand the feelings Rich has about this forum. Even keeping it after shut down to provide the database will be pretty expensive...

Cheers
Seriva

Old 06-19-2019, 12:36 PM   #83
JustinOfCO
Forums are sort of going the way of the dinosaur it seems. Which is sad, because I far prefer a forum to Facebook or similar. I used FB for a while, but it got to be too much, and there's no real good way to search old posts. Too much too fast.

Too bad we can't take what's on here and somehow compile it into a searchable database, or even a book or e-book. There's a ton of great knowledge on here. Though that would still lack the ability to ask questions or just simply chat with folks who share a common interest.

Old 06-19-2019, 01:08 PM   #84
MysticExotics
There's a ton of valuable information here. It would be sad if it went away.
I still research stuff here.

Old 06-20-2019, 01:16 AM   #85
Dennis Gulla
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticExotics View Post
There's a ton of valuable information here. It would be sad if it went away.
I still research stuff here.
Indeed it would... there is nothing that Facebook or any other social media platform could do to match this resource.

Old 06-20-2019, 11:08 AM   #86
Rich Z
Unfortunately, the expressed opinions of a few members of the positive value of this site to them obviously do not appear to be shared by the majority of previously registered members here.

All one needs to do is to glance at the CornSnakes.com Forums Statistics section to see that fact.

Old 06-20-2019, 11:45 AM   #87
MysticExotics
As I mentioned before, if you decide to hand over the reigns when it is no longer worth it to you to keep it going, there are a number of us who are still interested in keeping it going.

Old 06-20-2019, 11:56 AM   #88
Theinfamousj
I understand how one who is only concerned with those statistics may feel that this is not worth it. It certainly isn't something that has resale or advertising value as such page impressions are measured.

I have a different way of determining what I think has value and am happy to take over (or contribute to a team takeover) the operation and cost of this site. After all, corn snakes are my pet and thus a hobby. So too would this be. A hobby is for spending money with only happiness as your reward.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Old 06-20-2019, 12:29 PM   #89
MysticExotics
One of the best things about this site is the history of genetics for many morphs is on here.
For example, the discovery of the first Homo Dominant Tessera is on here.
A lot of older threads have been deleted, as well as information in personal forums that became inactive, but there's still a lot of valuable information here.
It's why I continue to post the information on my breedings here.
The test breeding on my Tessera x Tessera offspring is in part to help us learn more about the gene.

There's another thread with the discussion of the Tessera gene where we were trying to find any common marker on Homo Dominant Tessera's, which we haven't found one, but it's helped us learn more about the gene.

This forum was a resource for information when I first got into cornsnakes in 2011.

I try to post here as much as I can, between my work schedule, with tons of overtime, my three Belgian Malinois, working on a house being built, and getting my house ready to sell.

Old 06-20-2019, 08:44 PM   #90
pitzMike
FB may be better for quick photo posts, and IDs but it doesn't compare to how useful the forums are. Hefty amount of information are here which are easier to search than that in FB (I hate searching for posts in FB LOL). Im going to chip in if needed to continue this site/forum's operations.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google