CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Eggbound girl. Informative Egg Aspiration Video Included!

Old 05-25-2011, 09:03 PM   #61
4riscorn
Yea I doubt they are any good but I figured what the heck and stuck them in there anyway. Poor Blossom is a tired girl now that is for sure!

Old 06-04-2011, 10:01 AM   #62
kathiq
I have an egg bound gal. she laid 12 eggs then stopped. After watching the video ( which was extremely helpful), I aspirated one and she passed it within hours. However she still has 6 more eggs in her that have not passed. I aspirated two more, but hse has not yet passed them. I have massaged and soaked her in warm water. She drank a great deal of fresh water and has even eaten a live fuzzy. all with 6 eggs till in her. I am afraid i am going to lose her and will try to aspirated the remaining eggs today.

Any suggestions?? We do not have a reptile vet in our area.

Old 06-04-2011, 10:45 AM   #63
Dee Dee
What an interesting video. Weldone you! You were very calm & professional. Hope all goes well.

Old 06-04-2011, 11:44 AM   #64
rich333
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathiq View Post
I have an egg bound gal. she laid 12 eggs then stopped. After watching the video ( which was extremely helpful), I aspirated one and she passed it within hours. However she still has 6 more eggs in her that have not passed. I aspirated two more, but hse has not yet passed them. I have massaged and soaked her in warm water. She drank a great deal of fresh water and has even eaten a live fuzzy. all with 6 eggs till in her. I am afraid i am going to lose her and will try to aspirated the remaining eggs today.

Any suggestions?? We do not have a reptile vet in our area.
Keep Doing what your doing!!! Giving your girl time to rest/pass the other eggs between aspirations. Be sure to keep everything Hospital clean to avoid the onset of infection from so many Punctures.
Good Luck.....Your Doing great!!

Old 06-05-2011, 02:09 PM   #65
jsschrei
I had another egg bound girl this year after the one in the video. I took a slightly different approach this time. I gave her about 12 days to pass her eggs, to no avail. Then I aspirated 7 eggs before they hardened. She passed every one of them, but not for 2-3 weeks later! I absolutely feel she would not have been able to do so if I had not deflated them and made them smaller first, as all of them were hard when they came out. But I think she was able to do it because they were small.

I also fed her normally. She ate ravenously, and pooped several times. Give her time, and as much undisturbed time as possible. Since you deflated the eggs, she may have a good chance to pass them without harm to her health.

I must say I am really learning as I go, and I think I've been lucky in my choices. I hope this helps.

Old 06-05-2011, 08:59 PM   #66
kathiq
Great advice, thank you. I have aspirated about 3 mls from each egg. 2 have passed. I will keep feeding her and hope for the best.

Old 06-06-2011, 03:10 AM   #67
SnakeAround
Good luck, this is the less nice aspect of breeding to have to deal with!

Old 06-17-2011, 12:31 AM   #68
jsschrei
Kenya's BABIES!

Well, of the 4 eggs that weren't slugs, 2 went bad. The other two hatched while I was in Las Vegas the past 2 days. Here are the Kenya's two babies (pre-shed)!

Blackberry

Raspberry

Dad was a candy cane and mom was a het candy cane. Both babies are het candy cane.

Thanks to everyone who followed Kenya's story. She's doing fantastic BTW. Even laid a small clutch of slugs last week (without incident, whew).

Old 07-03-2011, 06:51 AM   #69
wildlifephotographer
Wow, thats a terrible thing to have to go through, but I'm very grateful for the very informative and helfpul video you posted. I'm really glad your girl is recovering nicely as well. That's always good to hear. As I am just starting myself with breeding my females this year..I've already learned quiet a bit. My oldest girl Diamond she laid 21 eggs but it was a three day process for her to go through. She actually was egg bound with one egg stuck inside of her for three weeks, she did pass it on her own though. She fed very well for me after she laid the eggs and after a few defecations past the last one. So I was very grateful she did that on her own. I made sure she was defecating and eating well and drinking plenty of fresh clean water. And now she's back to her weight she was before she laid the eggs so she's good to go. She went from 686 grams to 517 grams after laying her eggs but she gained almost all of it back. And she laid her eggs in April 13-15 so I think she recovered nicely.

Old 10-26-2011, 11:22 PM   #70
Bisbal069
Awesome video! Thanks for taking the time to produce and share! You make it look easy.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
aspiration, eggbound